VoIP adaptor traveling
Firefoto

I'm having trouble bouncing back & forth to read through all of these messages. So to cut some time could someone tell me if you can take the FiOS Digitasl Voice VoIP adaptor with you you when traveling and connect through any internet connection? (I am aware of the 911 issue).

0 Likes
Re: VoIP adaptor traveling
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hello Firefoto...With our Fios Digital Voice it is not the same as traditional VoIP service where you recieve an adapter. Your adapter is actually now located in the ONT that is mounted to your home. So you would not be able to take that with you. With our VoiceWing service that we had with DSL,  you recieved an adapter and you could take it with you. With Fios, that isn't the case.

Hope that helps, thanks!

0 Likes
Firefoto

Thanks for the reply.  I guess that has it good points and bad. It does eliminate the 9-1-1 location issue and the need for a cordless phone system. I guess it would use the same phones I have and don't have to worry about ringing issues. The only difference is that it is connected to a soft switch instead if a 5E ( wish I had gotten trained in softswitch before I retired).

I wish I had the ability of getting my calls if I was traveling on business, but I guess that why they made call forward.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
russa1

So how does Verizon connect my DECT based cordless phone to the ONT. Do they run a telephone wire-pair to a telephone junction box somehwere in the home? 

0 Likes