VoIP phone with cell # ?
Mike_K1

Ok, I'm sure this is an interesting question.

I would like to have extensions (in my house) for my cell #. So, basically like regular LL, but with old smartphones serving as extension phones.

Is this possible?

My notion is that I get a VoIP number that's the same as my cell number. Then, when I get a call, all the phones ring. I guess the only technical issue would be, if I answer on a remote phone, the cell tower should cut the call.

It would be even better if the system knows that I'm away from my house (and not ring the extension phones).

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VoIP phone with cell # ?
jonjones1
Legend

Probably not doable.

first off Cellular and VOIP or landline use a number. If you port out the cell phone number they now are useless. If you you port a landline to cell the landline becomes useless.

however most home systems today have features as simultaneous ring where the home phone can be rung and after you set it up with your home VOIP provider it will ring to your cellular number. People will not know what phone or where you answer from.

call forward follow me is also available on cellular networks to ring your home phone.

so that is the ways to use it. 

in order to use the cell phones the number will need to be active, they won’t ring without them live.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: VoIP phone with cell # ?
jonjones1
Legend

Probably not doable.

first off Cellular and VOIP or landline use a number. If you port out the cell phone number they now are useless. If you you port a landline to cell the landline becomes useless.

however most home systems today have features as simultaneous ring where the home phone can be rung and after you set it up with your home VOIP provider it will ring to your cellular number. People will not know what phone or where you answer from.

call forward follow me is also available on cellular networks to ring your home phone.

so that is the ways to use it. 

in order to use the cell phones the number will need to be active, they won’t ring without them live.

0 Likes