Voice Mail
Antoinette641

Why do I get voice mails and the phone number that is given is something like "0119" or "0212" instead of a full phone number? And most of the time these numbers are empty messages -- often simply static.  Can anyone tell me what these "messages" on my voice mail really are?  I get a lot of t hem and it's very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Typically automated dialers who are not sending caller-id information, or are sending it incorrectly.    The dead air ones are usually telemarketers who are trying to figure out when you're most often home -- so they can tune their software for their clients to prioritizing trying your number during those times you're more likely to pick up.

If you're getting a lot of calls, have you signed up for the do-not-call list?   That reduced / eliminated a lot of the calls I used to receive and caller-id took care of the rest as I now don't answer any call which I don't recognize as someone I want to speak to.

0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail
Antoinette641

Thank you Lasagna, and here I thought it was bill collectors, lol.........actually I did sign up for the do not call list some time ago.  But these calls are coming every night, about 4 -5 times a night. I don't answer them, but they are irritating.  However, I noticed last night after I got home from work there was only one.  So maybe they're finally giving up on me, thank goodness!

Thanks again, that has been a real mystery for me and it's nice to know the answer.

0 Likes