Voice mail gives no stutter tone when messages exist... solution on verizon page does not work
redhorseridge
Enthusiast - Level 2

When callers leave messages on my verizon voice mail (land line) there is no stutter tone or message light to indicate there are messages waiting.  I found a "solution" on Verizon's support page that suggested I delete all messages and then call my own number, leave a message, and see if that solves the problem.  First, I can't call my own number; I get a series of 5 beeps and then the line goes dead.  So I used my cell phone to call the home phone and leave a message, but still no stutter dial tone.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail gives no stutter tone when messages exist... solution on verizon page does not work
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi there, I am pretty sure you are going to have to call that one in, or use the online chat at the bottom of the web page.  Online chat is pretty good, and usually can fix problems in a similar fashion as the over the phone guys.   Click the contact us link that Verizon has at the bottom of the page.   

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail gives no stutter tone when messages exist... solution on verizon page does not work
PJL
Master - Level 3

@redhorseridge wrote:

When callers leave messages on my verizon voice mail (land line) there is no stutter tone or message light to indicate there are messages waiting.  I found a "solution" on Verizon's support page that suggested I delete all messages and then call my own number, leave a message, and see if that solves the problem.  First, I can't call my own number; I get a series of 5 beeps and then the line goes dead.  So I used my cell phone to call the home phone and leave a message, but still no stutter dial tone.

Any suggestions?

If you have digital voice, there is a setting for this.  Logon to MyVerizon and manage your phone service.  Under VoiceMail setting, there is VoiceMail Notification option.  Check "Light message light and/or change dial tone to stutter (where available)" and save the update.