Voicemail indicator light does not work
Fios_User
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched over from a copper line to Fios a little more than a month ago.  Since then, the voicemail indicator light hasn't worked -- three different phones don't work.  I get the stutter tone but the FSK, if any is being sent, isn't turning on my phones.  In calling support, they've rebuilt my voicemail several times with no success.  Recently though (after obtaining and testing the third phone), the agent at support determined that the problem is with my ONT (the main fios box in my basement).  Actually, problem appears to be related to "Notification Outage No. 100078" issued on September 8.  According to this notice, the action of the support agent is to close my ticket and have me wait until a solution is found.  So that is where things are.  The agent didn't know more.

Is there anyone (perhaps a Verizon tech support person) who might know how long I might need to wait for a solution and what the solution is likely to be?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail indicator light does not work
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

What is the make & model of your phones? Do you also know who makes your ONT Tellabs?

0 Likes
Fios_User
Enthusiast - Level 1

The ONT is Tellabs (SN:  ADFB59450015).  It is an inside the house mount.

The three phones are:

GE 28811FE2

GE 26938GE1

AT+T CL81309

The voicemail indicator light worked with my copper line service but stopped working with my FIOS conversion (a little more than a month ago).  In calling the support phone number, they have "rebuilt" my voicemail several times.  In the second to last time they determined it was either my phones or my ONT.  That's when I picked up the AT+T phone.  In the last call, the technician found that my box was a particular unit affected by the bulletin mentioned in my original post (I gather the records of my account tells him exactly what ONT I have).  Also, the date of the bulletin was rather recent.

Thoughts?  Need more info?

0 Likes
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the info. I made a switch on my end. Could you please check & let me know if it made any change on your end. Thanks Brett

Fios_User
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks.  I'll take a look at it tonight when I get home.

0 Likes
Fios_User
Enthusiast - Level 1

The voicemail light appears to now be working.  Considering all that the telephone tech support attempts, can I ask what you did?  (Which also might help future other persons with similar problems.)  Thanks much.

0 Likes
Dominic

I'm having the same exact problem but can't seem to get any help.  I've been on the phone with tech support many many times.  Instead of fixing it, they managed to do away with the beeping dial tone that would tell me I had a message. So now I have no idea if there are messages unless I call into the voicemail number.   Everything worked fine when I had my copper wire phone line.  HELP please. 

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

Hello Dominic,

I can help you with that issue, if you send me your telephone number in a private message I would be happy to resolve this issue for you. 

0 Likes