Weird landline problem! I NEED HELP URGENTLY!
TJ777

When away from home three days ago, I called to let my family know where I was.  The message I received on the phone said I had reached someone else entirely!  After investigating, I have determined that since then, when anyone calls my home phone number, they are routed to a completely different person in a completely different town.  I called my home phone number today and reached this person.  We discussed the problem.  She indicated she was receiving a bunch of calls from people she did not know.  She also said her phone service was somehow connected with Google Voice; a service I do not use.

The results are: 1) When anyone (including myself) calls my home landline phone, they are directed to this different person.  2)  I cannot receive calls, many of which are urgent, business, or medical related.  3) I have no working landline phone.  4) People who want to reach me cannot get me at all; they get this other person!  5)  The other party is also receiving calls that I should be getting.

I have waited LONG periods of time to try to get Verizon to help.  Reps simply do checks on the line and tell me nothing is wrong -- BUT SOMETHING IS WRONG!

I need a direct, HUMAN BEING TECH SUPPORT PERSON TO COME AND FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON!

Beyond that: Verizon -- listen up!  I am a writer, editor, and broadcaster with over 30 years experience -- I intimately know the value to clear communication, and the vital importance of business/customer relations.  IT IS VITAL that each and every customer be able to EASILY ACCESS repair services WITHOUT having to wait for hours to get through to someone for help.  I suggest a "triage" system which will sift out the urgent needs from the routine situations so that communication can be restored in a timely fashion.  Take a cue from the medical profession.  I think you'll find it will make things more efficient and effective.

MEANWHILE ... I guess it's back to the long-waiting-on-the-phone situation...

0 Likes
Re: Weird landline problem! I NEED HELP URGENTLY!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TJ777,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes