What Do I Gain By Moving To Digital Voice?
golddave

I currently have phone service on the Verizon Regional Package Unlimited plan and use AT&T for my long distance package. I'm considering using Nomorobo to block robocalls but I believe I'd need to upgrade to a digital voice plan in order to enable that. What do I gain by moving to the Digital Voice Unlimited plan (instead of the mixed Verizon/AT&T services I currently have)? What are the pros and cons of such a move?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What Do I Gain By Moving To Digital Voice?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely cheaper. And fios digital voice is nationwide so you don't have to pay for long distance anymore. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely cheaper. And fios digital voice is nationwide so you don't have to pay for long distance anymore. 

jonjones1
Legend

Nomorerobo is done by line. It can be Potts (copper) or VoIP like digital voice uses.

most if all VoIP services offer free calling across the US and Canada and Mexico and the Virgin Islands as well as in some cases Porto Rico.

it is no different than switching to a Magic Jack or other VoIP service. In fact the others may be cheaper. I use both Magicjack and a service called voipo (google it) you get more features and nomorerobo for free with voipo so check around.

0 Likes
golddave

The Nomorobo instructions say it's got to be activated through the FiOS Digital Voice Account Manager which I don't have access to because I'm not on digital voice. But you say it can be done on Potts. So how do I activate it?

Thanks.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@golddave wrote:

The Nomorobo instructions say it's got to be activated through the FiOS Digital Voice Account Manager which I don't have access to because I'm not on digital voice. But you say it can be done on Potts. So how do I activate it?

Thanks.

If your POTS service has simultaneous ring it can be used.  FIOS Digital Voice service includes simultaneous ring.