Why Am I Still Getting Charged After Transferring Service?
boontonmom

Hello,

I switched phone providers transferring my number to another which was offically completed on August 15th 2013. I sent a message to Verizon after noticing a new bill for the time period of 8/23-9/22 when service with Verizon was terminated on 8/15. I already sent emails about it and I was told to call the number to fix the problem.

I rather get it in writing and I don't want to deal with issues over the phone anymore due to past problems getting someone to help me from Verizon via phone.

Joanne

0 Likes
Re: Why Am I Still Getting Charged After Transferring Service?
twyr88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems like it is an ongoing issue. We canceled our service in june, and have called 4 times to try to fix. I even got a letter from a collection agency over this. We paid fee to keep email address, big mistake. Next step is calling a lawyer, Good luck!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi twyr88,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
boontonmom

I'm glad twyr88 is getting help but what about my situation now?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You will need to contact the billing department of Verizon to resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

twyr88,

Due to no response, we have closed your private support case. Please feel free to make a new post anytime you need help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes