Why can't I receive calls from landline phones?
esp3x1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone was fine until yesterday. I decided to change my service to another provider and since then I can no longer receive phone calls from landlines to my phone. The phone service has not switched over yet and I still have verizon service and It's the same number, just going to be with a different provider. I can call out and receive calls from cell phones just not landlines, they just go to some voicemail thing. Is this a problem with verizon's service, the fact that the phone is in transition of providers or something else?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't I receive calls from landline phones?
DJoy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, perhaps all the problems aren't gone, I have noise in the line now, and some people who call the line get a taped message, and leave messages on an "answering machine" that is not mine and that I cannot access in any way.

This is not new technology. Come on, Verizon. Why did this stuff work in 1975 and not now?

View solution in original post

DJoy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My land line was down for much of this week, it only came back on Thursday.

It had the same problem it did after Sandy hit (In New Jersey here) a loud static on the line at times, but mostly just completely dead and non functional. However there was zero physical damage, at least that I could see, in any phone lines around my area.

It also said something about 30 minutes and five seconds left, well land lines fdont have batteries, and other strange voices and messages come in on the line. It's worrisome even when it partly works.

Verizon has it running again, but this is annoying as it is my main line and this is the summer season and we are quite busy here, we need this line.

One odd thing was it worked for data sometimes when the line was not working for voice at all with no dial tone, wierd!

This isn't new tech, it has to be something with the servers or system, Verizon needs to get this fixed before people get cut off when they really need the line for something major.

0 Likes
DJoy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, perhaps all the problems aren't gone, I have noise in the line now, and some people who call the line get a taped message, and leave messages on an "answering machine" that is not mine and that I cannot access in any way.

This is not new technology. Come on, Verizon. Why did this stuff work in 1975 and not now?