Wrong name displayed on caller ID on outbound calls
rchesnav

Waiting on hold for a Verizon supervisor right now- Had caller ID problems since mid-January, when Verizon "adjusted" my records when I got my DSL package bumped up from 1.5-3 MBPS to 3-7mbps.  This is call # 4 or 5- From what I understand, the name gets tagged to the number at the switch in the local CO.  For the life of them, Verizon "programmers" and get it fixed to save their butts.  I'm guessing that the "programmers" are remoting in to the switch, but for some reason the switch doesn't accept the change, and it needs to be either rebooted, or someone at the switch in the CO needs to do it so it takes.  Anybody out there have these kind of issues before?  People aren't picking up our calls since it's a very different name that displays.......

Bob

0 Likes
Re: Wrong name displayed on caller ID on outbound calls
Hubrisnxs
Legend

how does your number show up at http://www.tnid.org ??

does it look correct there?  

@rchesnav wrote:

Waiting on hold for a Verizon supervisor right now- Had caller ID problems since mid-January, when Verizon "adjusted" my records when I got my DSL package bumped up from 1.5-3 MBPS to 3-7mbps.  This is call # 4 or 5- From what I understand, the name gets tagged to the number at the switch in the local CO.  For the life of them, Verizon "programmers" and get it fixed to save their butts.  I'm guessing that the "programmers" are remoting in to the switch, but for some reason the switch doesn't accept the change, and it needs to be either rebooted, or someone at the switch in the CO needs to do it so it takes.  Anybody out there have these kind of issues before?  People aren't picking up our calls since it's a very different name that displays.......

Bob

0 Likes
saramoscato

Yes! ive been having problem since mid january as well. My question for you would be is it a name of someone you know, or not. My caller id is in someones name whom i know. I called tech support, they say well your account is showing your name but we cant tell you why its coming up in differant name because we dont have that imformation but what we can do for you is suggest you call the finance department and see if theres any other accounts in your name, STill after three calls they cant tell me why a known name other than mine is showing up when i call other landlines but shows my number just diff. name. Have you had any luck in resolving your issue and if so how?

0 Likes
angry-terry

This is riduculous. I have this same problem.  I had it a year ago when I first got FIOS and they assigned a number to me. 

Verizon fixed the problem after numerous calls.

Now, it has happened again.

I renewed service 2 weeks ago, and the problem popped up again.  Same strange name showing up on caller id when I call someone.

When I called Fios, the reps say that the problem is not with them but with other carriers who did not update their database.

I find this answer absurd.  Since they fixed it before, why can't they fix it again the same way they did the first time?

So according to them I have to call the million other service providers all across the nation and world, and ask them to update their database since FIOS is not to blame.

Need to hear how you guys got yours fixed, since I am beginning to think I am an idiot who needs to call all the other service providers across the globe.

0 Likes
HALJUBOORI

I have had this issue allot.  I moved from the city to the country.  Not only were the junction boxes and lines having issues they never removed the prior owner's name.  They had my number listed as private etc.  But it shows up.  Not to mention if I look in the phone book it is still in the directory in the person's name,  Also have had issues with getting collection calls for neighbors that were never given the number to begin with.  That irks me even more. 

0 Likes
dkd114
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same **bleep** problem! Took them 6 months to fic it a year ago and now it is wrong again! They dont know what to do!!! What have you guys done?

dkd114@gmail.com

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

how is it showing up at CIDDB.com or at tnid.org

Alternatively just reach out to Verizon and report the problem.  Might take a while to get fixed but if they don't know about it then they can't do anything about it.

I would do it online, I find it easier. 

Do Live chat by clicking Contact Us

or reach out to the verizon twitter support at www.twitter.com/verizonsupport

0 Likes
LexLuthor1
Enthusiast - Level 3

@angry-terry wrote:

When I called Fios, the reps say that the problem is not with them but with other carriers who did not update their database.

I find this answer absurd.  Since they fixed it before, why can't they fix it again the same way they did the first time?

So according to them I have to call the million other service providers all across the nation and world, and ask them to update their database since FIOS is not to blame.

Need to hear how you guys got yours fixed, since I am beginning to think I am an idiot who needs to call all the other service providers across the globe.

They are correct. It's the terminating carrier that does the name lookup. If Verizon has the wrong name in their database, that's one thing, and they should be able to fix that. But if you check it at http://tnid.us and it's correct, there's really little Verizon can do about it at that point. They have it correct, the terminating carrier is not looking it up in a current database. Does the wrong name appear when calling everyone you call or just one/some people? Perhaps you can find a commonality among the people who see the name wrong and only have to get 1 carrier to update their database.
0 Likes
kay46

I'm having the same problem. I spent over an hour with tech support and they said they had no idea why it wasn't showing up with my name, the billing was under me, etc.  I went ontowww.tnid.us as some of you suggested and I'm wondering, by saying if the name is correct, you mean, if the number is listed under my name???  They want you to pay and subscribe to identity  theft  to get that information so is there a way to look it up that you don't need to pay?  It also says that the current telephone company and it says it's Verizon Wireless.  Does that mean that Verizon Fios can't make the proper changes to correct the caller ID issue?  I would think that they are 1 in the same???  I'm at a loss as well! Thanks!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon Fios can't fix a Verizon Wireless problem, so if the number is a cell number, then you have to call VZ Wireless.  

tnid is free and does not charge.   

When you put the number in it should show you the caller id NAME,  sometimes you have to refresh for it to come up. 

It should look somewhat like this 

tnID Database Record For 714-849-1814

Caller ID:
Caller ID

Current Telephone Company:
Current Provider

Original Telephone Company:
Mci Worldcom Communications Inc. Ca

Original Telephone Company Type:
Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC)

I put a random number in so that is how it should look but with your number, and your name and your information

there is another website that does the same but it only gives you 2 look ups a day.

that is www.ciddb.com

0 Likes