You cancel a repair ticket without completing repairs?????
AtMyWitsEnd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had no landline dialtone since at least Monday 5/19 (and still don't.)  I called on 5/20 and a ticket was created with a "committment" of Friday 5/23 by 9 p.m.  The ticket showed up on my online account.  Friday 9 p.m. comes and goes with no dial tonw.  Verizon extends th "committment" to Saturday 5/24 by 9 p.m.  Again, nothing.  I did drive by the worksite  on 5/24 and had to ask some Verizon worker (who was chatting away on his cell phone!) what was going on and he said they'd be working Saturday and Sunday.  He claimed that new construction (on th opposite side of a 4 lsne highway mind you with no backhoes or bulldozers) cut a line.  He said something about paper lines, but I have no idea what that means.  Today, Sunday 5/25, I saw a Verizon cherrypicker near my condo complex entrance, so I figure everything is nearly done ... at least they're no longer down the street 1/4 mile.  By 5 p.m. on Sunday 5/25, I still didn't have a dial tone and THE ONLINE UDATE SAID THERE WERE NO OPEN TICKETS.  I had to call repair ... using a prepaid cell (and wasting time going through the prompts and being on hold only to have it confirmed by the repair rep  at Verizon THAT THE WORK WAS COMPLETE SND THE REPAIR CREW HAD FIXED THE PROBLEM.  LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!  The repair rep also said I that I should have bern called or a visit to my door, but neither happened.  IS THIS INCOMPETENCE OR FRAUD??????????  Did the crew want to rack up overtime on Saturday and Sunday, but keep their Memorial Day plans free?  I can't get a straight answer OR a dialtone!  I'm at my wit's end and I can't find a (much) higher up at Verizon to hear my pleas.  The only thing a service rep will say is PUC.  There's got to be a better way to get this fixed NOW (not the "new committment date of 5/27 by 9 p.m.")  Even in the eorst of this winter's storm, cable and electric didn't take this long.  The line worker said Verizon was filing a claim against the construction developer BUT WHAT ABOUT FILING ON MY BEHALF ... credit for lost accessibility is no longer enough!!  Remember, I ( and the 38 to 400 customers also affected ... depending on which service rep you talk to)  have had no 911 service.  Riddle Memorial HOSPITAL is less than 1/4 of a mile away and in the opposition direction ELWYN RESIDENTIAL school for the developmentally disabled is also 1/4 a mile away.  

I AM AT MY WIT'S END !!!!!!   HELP ... and please, don't tell me to check my status page for another empty promise.  Verizon, you have the prepaid cell phone number.  

0 Likes
Re: You cancel a repair ticket without completing repairs?????
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AtMyWitsEnd,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AtMyWitsEnd,

Please check your Private Message Inbox by clicking the icon in the top right corner of this page. It should look like this -->>

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out your private support case. If you need additional assistance in the future, please feel free to create a new thread and we will be here to assist you 24/7. 

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes