battery
luddite52

I have an occasional single beep from a battery in my basement where comcast placed wiring and a battery next to my electricity box. In addition, a message occasionally flashes on my TV that it's time to replace a battery. The beeping battery is a large black item several inches tall, wide and deep.

Are the two issues raised above related? Is this something Comcast replaces at no cost? If I need to replace, is it available from various outlets commercially or only through Comcast? Does it need to be replaced or recharged? If the latter, who will do that?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: battery
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That battery is for your old Verizon service. Comcast doesn't use those batteries but they might of unplugged the FiOS box when they were working over there. Just take the battery out and make sure the FiOS power supply is also unplugged from the electrical outlet. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: battery
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That battery is for your old Verizon service. Comcast doesn't use those batteries but they might of unplugged the FiOS box when they were working over there. Just take the battery out and make sure the FiOS power supply is also unplugged from the electrical outlet. 

0 Likes