cable laying in my yard
rutyshadow

there is a black cable zip tied to my fence and another black cable

draped on my fence.  cable has an icon of a telephone on it.   runs from my neighbors

telephone pole onto his yard then along my fence to another neighbors yard then 

back up to the telephone  pole.     support website is useless - this isnt covered by any of the topics so cant get a telephone number to call nor a live agent.   where does one report a possibly Verizon (might be Comcast)  cable zip tied to a fence?

0 Likes
Re: cable laying in my yard
jonjones1
Legend

@rutyshadow wrote:

there is a black cable zip tied to my fence and another black cable

draped on my fence.  cable has an icon of a telephone on it.   runs from my neighbors

telephone pole onto his yard then along my fence to another neighbors yard then 

back up to the telephone  pole.     support website is useless - this isnt covered by any of the topics so cant get a telephone number to call nor a live agent.   where does one report a possibly Verizon (might be Comcast)  cable zip tied to a fence?

1-800-VERIZON is a number you can try. You might call your city, town or village hall for the engineering department who can get the situation looked into. 

0 Likes
rutyshadow

that is the SALES line.

called 18008374966 and got disconnected.

second call finally reached someone.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

1-800-VERIZON is the general line.

you must wait to listen to the phone menu tree. It will ask you what you want.

simply say customer service or support. It will eventually get you someone to assist you.

i would think the town, village, city, engineers office would be easier. Google it under government offices in your local.

0 Likes
rutyshadow

a technician showed up  a week ago,  saw the cables tied to my fence, and said it was an Installation and Maintenance matter and left.

next day an I&M technician showed up, saw the cables tied to my fence, and said he needed more personnel.

today a week later.   two cables still tied to my fence.    to my untrained eye, all one needs to do is cut the zip ties, climb one of the utility poles, pull the lines tight and the problem is  solved.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rutyshadow,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes