call forwarding busy/don't answer frustration!
dbmad

I have made multiple calls to Verizon to try to activate the call forwarding busy/don't answer option but to no avail. Typically the representative does not know what the feature is. Then they try to mess with voicemail settings but fail.  Once they told me there was a problem with the number I was trying to forward to (its Google voice)! On the latest call (this morning) I got them to remove my voice mail feaure entirely but having done that the rep said call forwarding busy/don't answer only works with voiceail and suggested I tried call forwarding. Has anyone successfull activated call forwarding busy/don't answer on a land line?

0 Likes
Re: call forwarding busy/don't answer frustration!
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1

While the call forwarding busy/don't answer feature is readily available on VZ Wireless phones, it is NOT available as a residential/business subscriber feature on land line phones --except for certain business and CENTREX applications.

VZ reserves the use of the call forwarding busy/don't answer (for residential lines) exclusively for use with voice-mail service.

0 Likes
dbmad

Thanks so much for your reply. I still don't understand. I removed voicemail as a vain attempt to get this feature working. I am happy to reinstate voicemail if I can get call forwarding busy/don't answer working. How do I get the feature working with voicemail? Many thanks.

0 Likes
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1

"VZ reserves the use of the call forwarding busy/don't answer (for residential lines) exclusively for use with voice-mail service."

Perhaps if I had said:

VZ reserves the use of the call forwarding busy/don't answer (for residential lines) exclusively for use TO voice-mail service.

In any event the call forwarding busy/don't answer is used to route calls from your phone to (and only to) the voice mail server.  You still would not be able to assign a destination phone of your choosing.

0 Likes
MisplaceDreamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thats not true.

The feature is called

Called Fwding Fixed Busy/ No Answer

or in our systems (CF FB/NA)  IF its avail in ur Central Office it will work,

it just sounds like the order is being placed incorrectly. Call back in on Monday 800-483-4000 and speak with someone in the Ohio office. We know how to do it. 😃

You dont have to have VM w VZ to do this. You can have it fwd'd to a cell too. I place orders for this all the time.

Hope this helps

-K

0 Likes