call intercept questions
forums322

Hi, I live in PA and I subscribe to call intercept. Does anyone know the total number of telephone numbers that can be placed on the blocked numbers list? I have 12 on there so far and am just wondering how much further I can go.

Also a suggestion to Verizon...it would be helpful to be able to block area codes or exchanges in addition to complete telephone numbers. For example, I wish I could simply place the toll-free area codes on a blocked numbers list, since all my annoyance calls seem to be originating from toll free numbers.

0 Likes
Re: call intercept questions
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

Hi forums322,

Call Intercept allows you to manage calls by screening all unidentified callers (private, unavail, anonymous) and giving them  an option to put in an overide code or recording a message to you. You must have Call Block,  where you can add up to 12 numbers. Unfortunately, this feature can't block cell phone #'s, some business #'s or pay phone #'s. If you're getting too many calls from toll free #'s you can put your name on the DO NOT CALL list at: donotcall.gov. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
forums322

[No personal comments, please}. Call Intercept does indeed include both a blocked numbers list and also a VIP numbers list, both of which the call intercept subscriber can manage by dialing 1-800-527-7070 (the call intercept set up number) and following the prompts. The great thing about the call intercept blocking feature is that you CAN block cell phone #'s, 800 #'s, and numbers that are not in your area code.

So no, I was not referring to Call Block (*60), I was referring to the blocked numbers list which is most definitely a part of the call intercept feature. {No personal comments, pleae}

BTW as part of your further incorectness, call block (*60) only allows you to put up to 6 numbers on the list, not 12.

0 Likes
forums322

My apologies for the personal comments.

0 Likes