cconstant fax calls
joe8881

is there a way to block all fax calls to my verizon phone number. it is worthless to individually block numbers especially since verizon only allows you to block 100 numbers. I get constant fax calls at all hours of the night. I have already blocked several dozen

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cconstant fax calls
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

No easy way as you cannot tell if a call is a fax until the signals are sent that invoke faxes.  On my Multipurpose Printer (includes fax) It can be set to reject Fax's  Since I rarely expect fax to be sent to me I normally have this active.  Although many people may have fax capability, even business rarely use it these days.  Email attachments, SMS attachments, etc, now being more common.

If your phone service includes it, as FIOS Digital Voice does, you can set individual numbers to be rejected or use services such as NoMoRobo to reject calls.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: cconstant fax calls
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

No easy way as you cannot tell if a call is a fax until the signals are sent that invoke faxes.  On my Multipurpose Printer (includes fax) It can be set to reject Fax's  Since I rarely expect fax to be sent to me I normally have this active.  Although many people may have fax capability, even business rarely use it these days.  Email attachments, SMS attachments, etc, now being more common.

If your phone service includes it, as FIOS Digital Voice does, you can set individual numbers to be rejected or use services such as NoMoRobo to reject calls.

0 Likes