clear stutter dialtone MWI?
hochd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have deleted all voicemail messages but still getting the stutter dial tone. Is there a procedure to clear the message waiting indicator? I cant' find a web button or a star code (on some systems it's *99 but that didn't work here). Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: clear stutter dialtone MWI?
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

I am sorry you are having issues with your stutter DT, what you can try is.

1)  leave yourself a vm,

2) call in to the VM system and listen to the message

3) make sure you exit gracefully, meaning hit the star button until it tells you goodbye.

Sometimes if you just disconnect after checking the messages, the MWI may not reset. If that doesn't clear it PM me your contact information and I will take a look at it for you.

Thanks

Peter C..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

I am sorry you are having issues with your stutter DT, what you can try is.

1)  leave yourself a vm,

2) call in to the VM system and listen to the message

3) make sure you exit gracefully, meaning hit the star button until it tells you goodbye.

Sometimes if you just disconnect after checking the messages, the MWI may not reset. If that doesn't clear it PM me your contact information and I will take a look at it for you.

Thanks

Peter C..

0 Likes
hochd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! On chat support, a rep tried rebooting the ONT which worked initially, but then a few hours later the stutter tone came back. So your suggestion is exactly what I ended up doing and it worked!  Probably this should be put in the FAQs or knowledgebase. 

0 Likes
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

I am glad it worked for you, if you want to PM me your contact information. I can see who assisted you and get them a note to make sure they are aware of the proper process.

If you have any other issues, remember we are here and on Facebook at the FANS of FIOS page and Twitter @VerizonSupport .

Peter C

dorothy0225
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe there is a system wide problem?  I am having the same problem - PLUS when people call me they do not get my greeting but get the voice mail menu (request to press star to enter your mailbox).  When I call the voice mail number I have to enter my mailbox number before my security code

0 Likes
eric12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi peter - this issue has happen a couple fo time for me. Is there an easy way to recover?

0 Likes