disable fios voice mail
mutt219

can someone give me instructions on how to do this rather than having to call vz? i dont want to change ringer settings on phone or fax, i just want off of the voice mail completely.

thanks in advance

0 Likes
Re: disable fios voice mail
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I believe you need to call Verizon to have this disabled.  You could always change the ringer settings as high as 6 so your home answering machine will answer.

Log onto Digital Vice by going to:  http://www.verizon.com/fiosvoice

Choose Voice Mail Settings from the left side

Choose Telephone Settings

How many times do you want your phone to ring before forwarding to Voicemail? <6>

IMHO the nice part about having VZ Voice Mail enabled is if you are on the phone and choose not to answer a second call the caller will be able to leave voice mail.

Jim

22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@mutt219 wrote:

can someone give me instructions on how to do this rather than having to call vz? i dont want to change ringer settings on phone or fax, i just want off of the voice mail completely.

thanks in advance

Hello,

You can remove FiOS Digital Voicemail online via the verizon.com website.

1. Go to verizon.com and login with your Verizon userid and password.
  2. From the top (red) menu, click on 'My Verizon' -- Manage My Services (from My Services).
  3. From the main pane on the right, scroll all the way down to the FiOS Digital Voice section and select the link 'Add or Change Services' under 'Manage Service'.
  4. When the 'Your Current Services' window shows up, scroll all the way down to the 'Phone' section and expand that section by clicking on the '+' (plus) sign.
  5. Next to 'Voice Mail', click on the blue link labelled 'Change'.
  6. When the pop-up windows is displayed and shows 'What you have' with 'FiOS Digital Voice Mail' and a green checkmark, click on the checkbox to uncheck FiOS Digital Voice Mail.
  7. On the right, it would then display 'Removed Items' -- 'FiOS Digital Vocie Mail' -- FREE.  
  8. Click on 'Checkout' and then it will prompt you to 'Review and Submit Your Order', click on 'Submit'.
  9. An order confirmation number will be generated for your records, and if you receive email notifications, you should get an email indicating the voicemail removal as a change order to your account.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
njj1

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Perfect directions! So helpful! 🙂

0 Likes
tsheff

SO Helpful!

Thank you very much for supplying exact and detailed instructions!  This worked like a charm and saved me from calling in for support.!

0 Likes
UnhappiFiosUser

No, it doesn't help, to have to go through all that and then wait for the change order to be implemented to turn off the fios voice mail, then to have to do again and again wait,  who knows how long, to turn it back on when needed.   And then get complaints and refusals when one turns it off and  on too many times.

This is so obviously a user-controllable function but Verizon doesn't make it up to the user.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes