fios home phone installation
jar5

had an appointment for 0ct. 4,2011 from 8am to 5pm to have my home phone transferred off a copper landline and switched over to my fios fiber optic circuit but it never happened.  called verizon at 5:30pm to see what was happening.  was on hold for 20 minutes and was disconnected.  called back and told my story again to a different rep and was put on hold while she tried to track down the problem.  after 25 minutes she had contacted the dispatch team and i was told i would get a call from the tech within a half an hour.   it is now 2 hours later (and it is dark out) and still no call.  what a way to run a business but they still make money.

0 Likes
Re: fios home phone installation
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

jar,

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

jar,

We are glad that your issues were resolved.  If you need additional assitance , please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
richmondhokie1

I wish I had your problem.  When Hurricane Irene went through, after a day without power - I went to use my phone, only to find that I had no phone service.  I found this unusual because I had SPECIFICALLY asked to keep my copper - when we lose power in VA- we lose it for a LONG time.

Turns out Verizscam decides on their own what they feel is best - and decided that I would be better off with FiOS Phone, than what I requested - so much for me being a customer.

I called them as soon as power was back - and after spending an hour with 3 or 4 different CSRs - was told I would get copper back on 9/8 - that turned to be a lie as well - 9/8 came and went.

On 9/24 - same deal - 3 or 4 CSRs - and a promise that within 5 business days I would get a call and an order........that never happened.....

on 10/10 - got an order number and a promise this time.....that by COB on 10/11 - I would be on copper - another LIE........I looked at my ONT this AM and my phone lines are still there

10/12 - called and after 1:15 and 5 CSRs - found another person who promised me that THIS order would get me what I want.......funny thing is i HAD what I wanted - I asked to keep what I had......and to date - I have spent almost 4 hours to MAYBE get what I want/had.........id like a refund for wasting my time......my hourly rate x 4 - would come close to paying a months bill for it all......

0 Likes
shclin

I'm having similar issues with verizon copper service, multiple service calls have been setup and missed. 

- Had a fios install setup back in July, I called to reschedule and was told by verizon that it had been cancelled (fine with me). 

- Recieved a call from verizon 3 weeks ago regarding a reschedule of fios install.  Home phone stopped working around this time.

- Called verizon and was told my phone was stuck in limbo between fios and copper and that the problem would be resolved by cancelling fios order.

- To date home phone is still not working.

I have spent hours on the phone with customer service and supervisors that promise service appointments but it seems like the field service department is running on their own schedule.  Seriously considering cancelling all verizon services (phone, internet and cell)!!!

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Sorry you are having difficulty with your phone service.  An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account  for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes