how to turn off the smart call thingamajig (where a caller is prompted to identify then hit #)
Crucible

is this an added feature that I am paying for?  i find no determination of that.

also, how to disable this????  What it is is the system asking any caller to my number to identify himself, then hit pound.   

this is embarrassing to the say the least, and appears so pompous.  with FIOS service for about 3 months, this feature was NOT running, then one day, without my knowledge, just was.  I might be missing something, but I checked all communications from Verizon and can't find info on this "smart call screen" feature, or whatever its called.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to turn off the smart call thingamajig (where a caller is prompted to identify then hit #)
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is a feature in your phone. Not from Verizon. Refer to your phones instructions or call their support. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how to turn off the smart call thingamajig (where a caller is prompted to identify then hit #)
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is a feature in your phone. Not from Verizon. Refer to your phones instructions or call their support. 

0 Likes