landline is back asof 09:30am
Pjd1020
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok, verizon called my landline @09:30am and I'm backSmiley Very Happy

must have been a major hit to last a whole week.  anyway, it's been 5 hours now and everything is back to normal, dsl is still working and getting good dl on speed tests.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: landline is back asof 09:30am
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

I am glad your services are working again, I am just following up to make sure everything is still good. If you need any additional assistance please reach out to us here or on Twitter at @verizonsupport.

Thanks,

Peter C.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

I am glad your services are working again, I am just following up to make sure everything is still good. If you need any additional assistance please reach out to us here or on Twitter at @verizonsupport.

Thanks,

Peter C.
0 Likes
usmcmarv

I guess your lucky as i have been told a different story each time.  And it is hard to believe that it is an area outage as others on same road still have theirs and people on contecting roads do to.  Yesterday they told me last night it be good and yet this morning nothing again so who do you call.    I am begining to think that they don't want any more land line customers since they taking so long to fix but I guess the workers in the land line department be looking for work some where else soon as if keeping having trouble I thinking of switching to Comcast.  I been with this company when it was Bell.   I have been a week now and I have been lucky to have internet but very very slow .932 download and .018 upload which I am paying for 4-7 speeds. 

0 Likes
Really concerned why my neighbor has internet and we do not.
realtor21401

All I can say is UNBELIEVABLE.  We were one of the fortunate people where we live to have not lost any of our services including power, comcast and verizon phone and internet during the hurricane.  We continued to have all services on Sunday after the hurricane and then lost both cable and phone on Monday morning, 8/29/11.  The Comcast service was restored by Tuesday evening, but no verizon.  So, after two days, I called verizon and it was the usual "due to the recent storm" stuff on the recording.  I finally called and spoke to someone far away that informed me that my service would not be on again until 9/14/11, but maybe restored sooner.  Rather than blow a gasket, I said thank you and hung up.  I was told that I would be given a refund on my bill for the days without service for both phone and internet.  great!!, really made my day.... 

The biggest problem I have with all of the going around I was given, is that my neighbor, less than 100 feet away, has comcast phone, but verizon internet and only lost service for the two days, 8/29 and 8/30.  They have had no further problems with verizon internet.  It would not be so bad if verizon didn't send me 4 different text messages saying that the problem is resolved and if you have any further questions, please call us.  So I would always hurry home and find that they were full of sh..!  No service.  I call and they say everything should be back on-line by 9:30 Wednesday night (9/7/11).

As of this morning, 9/9/11, we still have nothing except a "line in use" now on the phones and static.  Other neighbor tells me that the static is a sign that the lines are shorting out due to water and such. 

Why does my next door neighbor have their internet and I have nothing??  I guess we should go ahead and do the triple play with Comcast.

0 Likes
Re: Really concerned why my neighbor has internet and we do not.
Pjd1020
Enthusiast - Level 3

it's just hit or miss. sometimes it depends on how far away your junction box is from the CO vs your neighbors.   I presume both of you have dsl service (or does your neighbor have FIOS?).    Regardless,  it's like rolling dice - sometimes you get lucky, sometime you don't.  My internet (standard dsl), for example, has been extremely stable, ~90% uptime, yet my landline died last week, came back on Sunday (9/04), but surprise, surprise, it died again yesterday a.m. (9/08), obviously due to the torrential downpour.  Then it came back this a.m. but with heavy static.

0 Likes
Re: Really concerned why my neighbor has internet
Pjd1020
Enthusiast - Level 3

correction - I just tried calling my home landline and after two rings, it goes to a busy signal.  my guess is that there are still problems.

0 Likes
mplandline

Well we have been without VZ landline service since Aug 28. We know what the problem is - a tree fell on the Verizon line. We also lost power and cable but both of those services were restored within a 3 - 5 days. Yes the storm damage was extensive but a 2 week plus outage is unacceptable. We have called VZ twice. I have seen VZ service vehicles show up twice. Take a short look and drive away. We get no updates on when our service will be restored and get the obvioulsy inaccurate text messages that our VZ problem has been resolved. I have also been a VZ landline customer for over 20 years. I am now seriously considering switching to cable phone service (and not VZ) if our landline is not restored within another week. At the least I want a) an honest assessment of when service will be restored and b) progress on what's being done. This is not unreasonable. I got that from our power company and our cable company. Both of those utilities even sent folks to our home to check if our service was back up.

0 Likes
Re: landline is back as of 09:30am
soyongchol

@NoVAdsluser wrote:

@ok, verizon called my landline @09:30am and I'm backSmiley Very Happy

must have been a major hit to last a whole week.  anyway, it's been 5 hours now and everything is back to normal, dsl is still working and getting good dl on speed tests.

Glad you got service back in 5 hours. Our phone line has been out since 9/6/2011. I did the check list to determine if the problem is inside or out. Problem is no dial tone. I checked at the NID and found no dial tone on the Verizon line. Entered repair request. Earliest scheduled visit is 9/13/2011. I live in North Roanoke county. A person I know lives in SE Roanoke city. She experienced the same problem the same day. Her repairman visit is for 9/09/2011. My sister-in-law who lives in Moneta experienced the same problem after a bad thunder storm on July 4, 2011. On his visit, the repairman discovered the problem was somewhere in the Verizon network beyond her house. Friends suggest I switch to Cox. At least with them you get to talk to a human being and not a computer.

0 Likes