landline
bubbagump1
digital voice, for a few days now my landline dials by itself odd hours day and night no one home to 211 and 311.....i called fios, he said disc battery in phone...well thats not the solution, any ideas??
0 Likes
Re: landline
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

How do you know it is dialing by itself if you are not home?

0 Likes
bubbagump1
my verizon their site shows my calls incomg and outgoing...calls from my # to 211 and 311 alll hours.....what is 211 and 311 anyway? phone co doesnt even know
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Is there an alarm system old or current connected to the phone? They have auto dialers inside of them. How about any medical alert systems, fax machines or dial-up computers? If you have any of these devices unplug them and see if the calls persist.

0 Likes
bubbagump1
hi thx! but nothing is connected.....been there forever and had fios guessg 4 yrs now. got rid of fax bak then cuz it wasnt supported by fios....didnt touch a thing - everythg remains the same. im stumped! about ten yrs ago a party line sort of (people were using my line in their apt) that was happening when people moved in across street. had been corrected immediatly.....but why is it even dialing 211 and 311? what r these #'s???
0 Likes