my house called my house
HMSims

my home phone just rang and caller id stated that it was my home phone calling. very confused about this one.

0 Likes
Re: my house called my house
drago65

This has happened to me numerous times over the past week. Once Verizon was the caller and they were trying to sell me services I didnt need. Second time in one day another company called to do a customer survey. I think the caller ID is broken.

When the number comes up on my tv it shows E as the caller and my number below.

It would be nice to hear from a Verizon service rep on this and find out what is wrong with Caller ID at this time.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I have not heard of other reports of this. This may be fixed by disabling and re-enabling the caller ID service. To do this, login to your FIOS Voice Account Manager at www.verizon.com/fiosvoice and go to the calling features to disable the caller ID. Wait a couple minutes then re-enable it. If you are still having these issues after doing that, send me a private message so we can look into this further.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Now this would put a new spin on things. Use the targeted phone number as yours so the person receiving the call would answer. Caller ID Spoofing. Never heard of it being done this way, but it is quite ingenious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID#Telemarketing

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

This happened to us once last week ,and I never did anthing to TV Caller ID and it has been working. I did look on another phone with Caller ID and the caller was a political ad for a local politician who I now WON"T be  Voting for.

Holly

Baltimore County, Md.

The politician is running in the Republican primary for congress.

0 Likes
umasan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand that anyone can fake your number using a program called spoofcard. I do get such ones time to time. My question is whether I can post my number on block call list. If I can what will happen.

Thank you!

0 Likes