nomorobo activiation - a groundhog day catch-22
sialis

I've wasted over 3 hours trying to enable nomorobo calling feature on my fios digital voice account.  Spoken with folks in India and 2 tech staff supposedly in the US, but no one associated with Verizon seems to be able to help me.  Problem is my fios account erroneously claims that my nomorobo calling feature is ACTIVE even though there is no telephone number listed within my Simultaneous Ring calling feature.  Nomorobo WILL NOT WORK without a simultaneous ring number entered into the Fios phone account, info, and only Fios can provide the necessary S-R number when a customer first activates their nomorobo calling feature.  You cannot directly activate nomorobo's service through NOMOROBO.COM but instead you must do so online through your Digital Voice account with Fios - where there is supposed to be a clickable icon which enables automatic activation to the nomorobo service (and provides the necessary Simultaneous Ring phone number). 

Somehow my account was switched to ACTIVE for nomorobo and the needed clickable link its no longer available.  So I'm stuck in limbo because I do not have a Simultaneous Ring phone number (which I've been told is unique to every user) and I no longer have any way to obtain it through my Fios phone account.  Despite repeatedly asking tech support to remove my ACTIVE status for the nomorobo calling feature, which I believe will provide my phone account with the clickable icon to allow me start affresh and properly activate nomorobo (and obtain the needed Simultaneous Ring phone number), no help has been forthcoming - and all I get is put on interminable holds and bouncing me to call-centers in India and various places in the US.  My last call bounced from India to Texas - where I was falsely told I needed to resolve this problem through NOMOROBO.COM, but after an hour of holds and **bleep** I requested and got through to a supervisor - only to have my call become disconnected after only 10 seconds (and the supervisor did not try to call me back).  

0 Likes
Re: nomorobo activiation - a groundhog day catch-22
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi sialis,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes