Enthusiast - Level 2
how long is normal to wait for repair techician? two weeks seems a bit extreme
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: normal wait time for techican?
grammie
Enthusiast - Level 2
fixed came home from work and i have a dial tone. three cheers!!!!!!part of a cable failure....had the homepage been updated life would have been easier....just needed to know someone was working on it

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MicheruVZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Generally, for a new install for FiOS it's 3-7 days. For copper, it can be a week or two.

The end/beginning (29th - 3rd between the months) of a month is a bad time to do any order - they generally take more time due to a LOT of processing being done and a lot of maintinance being done within the Verizon network, so it's probably best to do any order, including tech installs after the fourth and before the 29th.

0 Likes
grammie
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is not a new install, there has beenphone service here for over ten years, after storm lost dial tone, verizon site says part of known outage and repairs should be complete 07/31/09 9pm......fuuny thing though state police were at my front door last night at midnight saying someone had dialed 911 from this address. i invited him in, handed him the phone which is dead no dial tone no static nothing and said......sure would like to know how that happened!!!!its been like this since thursday night.....now i am worried that someone really needed the police and because verizon has some wires crossed the police come to my house and that other person is now dead.....

i have congested heart failure, i am being monitored by a plan thru insurance where i weigh in morning and night everyday to monitor fluid buildup havent been able to do so, i will not be impressed if my insurance cancels due to me not following their program,

two weeks is too long to wait, if there was another phone company i sure would change but there isnt and we are in a dead zone for all cell phones....

needless to say i am not a happy camper

0 Likes
MicheruVZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Grammie, if it's a medical emergency (as you say), tech can expedite a repair situation, as they should have if you explained the situation.

If you're in a FIOS area, repair # is 888-339-7333,

If you're copper, I have ...

MA & RI # 800-713-0000

PA, DR, MD, DC, VA and WV # 800-275-2355

NY (Your area code)-890-6611

CT # 203-661-5444

NJ # 866-751-5730

And everywhere else.. #800-483-1000

If you can't make a call, and lack cell phones or a method of contact, you can use a TTY relay for the deaf online at www.sprintrelayonline.com .

Best wishes,

MicheruVZ

0 Likes
grammie
Enthusiast - Level 2
fixed came home from work and i have a dial tone. three cheers!!!!!!part of a cable failure....had the homepage been updated life would have been easier....just needed to know someone was working on it
0 Likes