transferring number and billing after death in family
tmccracken

Hello,

I have a situation where my grandfather died, and the verizon local account is in his name.  The rest of the family is still living in the same house, and we want to keep the same phone number, just transfer the billing to someone else.  We are worried that if we try to transfer it, since my grandfather isn't alive anymore to authorize the transfer, that they will force us to change the number, even though the number has been in the family for the past fifty years.  What do we do to keep the phone number and just transfer the billing?

0 Likes
Re: transferring number and billing after death in family
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

Re: transferring number and billing after death in family
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

My condolensces.

ElizabethS, of course, gives the most prudent advice which is to contact customer service.

Typically, if you have a death certificate and are someone operating with the legal authority for the estate, these matters -- regardless of the service provider -- can be resolved pretty quickly.

In the interim, I'd advise to have someone (even though it's a different name and back account on the check) keep paying the bill so that the service doesn't get turn off while you hash out the details with customer service.

0 Likes