unable to use phones ever since Fios installed
pikklls

When the technician hooked up Fios and tested the phones, they were full of static. He told us we would probably need to get new phones.  There were old and second hand so okay, we got new phones.  Hook them up and there is so much static you cannot use them. I work all day. How can I get someone to live chat online?

0 Likes
Re: unable to use phones ever since Fios installed
pikklls

this is ridiculous! When I was looking at  Fios services all I had to do was visit the page and live reps wanted to chat. Now I need help and cant reach anyone.  Maybe I should go back to Comcast?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair

0 Likes
pikklls2

The tech came out today and discovered that the first tech never disconnected the copper lines coming into the house. We had both copper and digital feeding into the phoneline.  The resulting noise made the phone unusable. 

That left the internet speed which after repeated test was only 17/13 instead on 50/25.   After speaking with a tech today who explained that it must be connected to an Ethernet cable to achieve those speeds, and me assuring him it was, he gave me the number for Fiber Solutions (?).  While preparing to call FS tonight, I moved the computer and router out for a better look and discovered that the ethernet cable was plugged into the router but NOT into the computer! plugged it in and ran the test and voila! Speeds registered at 56/38!!   Both techs were very nice, but the first guy obviously dropped the ball.  The Customer service rep assured me they will credit me for the 20 days of service I paid for but was unable to use.  

So thanks to Carlo (Live Chat)

Brandon (customer Service)

and Pete (tech #2) ....for restoring my faith in Verizon.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good that the later techs were able to help you out.  Bad, of course, that such basic errors were made by original installer.

If you need better wireless speeds read about wireless-n routers/adapters.

0 Likes