usage verification complaint
jennyfriend

I had never heard of Usage Verification until yestersday morning (06/04/2017). I tried to make a long distance phone call and it would not go through. It said I had a block on my phone. About  a week before that it had happened also.  That night at 10:30 pm I used the online chat, which I saved and talked with a verizon person who told me there was a software issue on their end. Someone would call me to take care of it.  I saved the chat. A few minutes later I get a call from a Verizon number telling me to call a different department, there was a block on my phone. Obviously they were closed. So then yesterday again, I tried to make a long distance call and couldn't. I called Verizon, I was passed around to 4 different employees until finally I spoke with Kevin from usage verification. He told me they blocked my long distance back in February 2017. He said they sent me an e-mail, which I never got. Also he said they called and left a message on my answering machine. Verizon will not leave any kind of message like that on a answering machine. They tell you it is important for you to call them regarding your Verizon account. Both of these things never occurred. Kevin told me I had to pay my bill down to a $0 balance and they would take the block off. I owe $90.00 for the month of June 2017. He told me the block was put on there becuase I stopped a payment back in February. I stopped the payment because I did not have the money in the bank. I could not afford to be charged an overdraft fee so I stopped the payment. I notified Verizon and they told me it may be too late to stop the payment so I called my bank and stopped it. So Usage Verification blocked my long distance for it. I have been paying for a Freedom Essentials package which includes long distance this whole time and was never notified by anyone that my long distnace was block. This Usage Verification is a total scam. This matter will be turned over to the BBB as well as the Public Service Commission and the Attorney General's Office.

0 Likes
Re: usage verification complaint
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi jennyfriend,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes