voicemail music
wolverinefan

when someone gets my voicemail, a message with some irritating music comes on before my personal greeting is heard. Is there someway to delete or change this so it will go directly to my message?

Please help!!

0 Likes
Re: voicemail music
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

@wolverinefan wrote:

when someone gets my voicemail, a message with some irritating music comes on before my personal greeting is heard. Is there someway to delete or change this so it will go directly to my message?

Please help!!

Do you have ringback tones enabled?  The generic ringback tone, until you switch it over to a purchased one, can be described as "annoying" by some, I suppose.  But this would play when people call you  too, and that isn't happening?

Is there something recorded on YOUR message?  Listen to what you have recorded as your outgoing message and re-record it if necessary.

If your phone is shut off, so your callers would be dumped directly to your voicemail instead of listening to the ring (or ringback tone), is the music still there?

0 Likes
wolverinefan

SuzyQ,

When someone is dumped into voicemail this music plays. I have rerecorded a greeting and it still stays the same. I do not have any purchased ring in tones so the generic is all that is heard. I thought that if I recorded a personal greeting the music may be deleted but not the case. I listened to my voicemail and everything is ok except for the generic greeting and music. It seems like such a simple thing but this has happened on two phones now. Without purchasing new ring tones there may not be a solution.

Thanks for you input,

Wolverinefan

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

@wolverinefan wrote:

I listened to my voicemail and everything is ok except for the generic greeting and music....but this has happened on two phones now. Without purchasing new ring tones there may not be a solution.

I am really confused....there is no music on the voicemail - the only music people hear when they call you is something called a ringback tone that you would specifically purchase for them to hear.  And then everyone who calls you would hear that instead of ringing.

Having it happen on two different phones makes it even more likely that it is a ringback tone, as that's connected to your number, not the phone. What do people hear when they call you and it doens't go to voicemail?  Does it ring?  Or do they hear the same music?

***Edit - I see this has been moved to the LANDLINE discussion board.....are we talking about a cell phone or a landline???  I'm in cell phone mode, and if this is a Verizon landline voicemail issue, I will leave it in more knowledgeable hands (or minds)!

Message Edited by SuzyQ on 08-12-2009 03:47 PM
0 Likes
wolverinefan

SuzyQ.

Please call {edited for privacy} and possibly understand what I mean. The message says "Please enjoy the music while your party is reached". While my phone is ringing the music starts to play until I answer or it goes to voicemail. I am sorry to have mislead you but I am describing it correctly now. The music plays until it is either answered or goes to voicemail. Hope you understand now.

Wolverinefan

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 08-12-2009 04:14 PM
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK--I get it - this is a ringback tone issue.  You need to log in to your Verizon account online, about the middle of the overview page is a section called Features.  Hover over the Ringback tones and you will get a pop up that says Explore  |  Manage.  Choose manage, and then you can see what ringback tones you have available. 

If you do not wish to use ringback tones you can:

1-   Login to your VZW account-->select Services-->Select My Plan-->select add/remove features--> uncheck the box next to ringback tones. (this will also save you $0.99 a month)

2-   Login to your VZW account-->From the homescreen select ringback tones-->select open media manager-->select  my ringback tones(to/middle of screen)-->then drag the verizon standard ringback tone to the default box on the right.

3-   Call VZW at 800-922-0204 and ask the representative to remove the feature form your account.

Hope you can make sense of all this and get it straightened out.

Message Edited by SuzyQ on 08-12-2009 03:54 PM
0 Likes
wolverinefan

SuzyQ,

Thank you for guiding me through this. I did go to features and everything worked out exactly as you said it would. I have purchased a new ring tone so "Three Dog Night" is rocking when you call. Thank you for your patience and help.

Wolverinefan

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

@wolverinefan wrote:

... I did go to features and everything worked out exactly as you said it would. I have purchased a new ring tone so "Three Dog Night" is rocking when you call. Thank you for your patience and help.

Wolverinefan

Very cool!  Glad we got it worked out, and thanks for the update!  Nice to hear when things go RIGHT for a change!

0 Likes