Roaming on international border CAN/US
shankomatic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am currently signed up for the Verizon TravelPass for the special daily rate in Canada.  The problem is when I travel to Canada I am frequently right across the border on the Canadian side.  The problem is in this area the Verizon signal from the US side is very weak and unusable but remains active on the phone.  If I move a few blocks away from the border where the Verizon signal is not present the roaming works fine.  I have tried changing the various options associated to roaming and networks. without any resolution.

0 Likes
Re: Roaming on international border CAN/US
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shankomatic, we truly understand your concern. Our goal is to make sure you have the best coverage no matter where you are. In this case, by you being so close to the border your device can ping off of either tower. We have no way to make the phone choose any specific one. It will connect to the one closest to it. Does this make sense? 

Dia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tonybb6491

I have the same issue. No excuses please. If the Verizon signal is weak you can switch to the Canadian cell network. I pay for Data and am being cheated. The coverage in the St. Lawrence is 100% better with AT&T. Shame on Verizon

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes