Travel Pass best option?
JENMAR37

I’m going to be studying in Oxford in the United Kingdom for 3 weeks in July.  I should have access to the university’s wireless service while there, but I do want to be able to call back to the US frequently over the course of my stay. Would the Travel Pass option be the best option for me if I’m mainly concerned about phoning the US in the most economical way possible?

0 Likes
Re: Travel Pass best option?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your phone capable of wifi calling? Are you planning to call the USA frequently like daily or once a week?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JENMAR37

I think so--I've had a few people recommend using WhatsApp while over

there--however, I'm worried about the data usage it would use and I would

be mainly calling a landline which I don't think works with WhatsApp. I

probably will be calling back to the US about 3 times per week--definitely

not every day!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to have the most economical option available. We offer TravelPass, which is $10 per day that's needed, or you can purchase a 250min/mb/msg package for $85, which would be a 1 time cost. If it makes more sense to go with a 3rd party option while utilizing WiFi, we welcome you to that as well. Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have options to stay connected while you are studying, JENMAR37. By opting in to a TravelPass session, you will have access to your domestic plan allowance for $10.00 per 24 hour session. A TravelPass session is started by making/receiving a call, sending a text, or using data. Since you will have access to WiFi, you can prevent a TravelPass session from starting accidentally by enabling airplane mode and still continue to use WiFi. You can learn more about TravelPass here. http://spr.ly/6586DYDFq

As Ann154 mentioned, WiFi calling may be an option. What device will you be using?

Andrea_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes