Alexa setup help
Jtucker1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the correct STBs and DVRs. I have 4 echo dots and an echo show (all purchased two weeks ago)  all on the same network as the fios devices. I have linked my fios account successfully,  but Alexa is unable to find any of my STBs. I have followed all directions found within this forum without success.  My DVRs are VMS1100, my STBs are IPC1100

Release APR 4.10 build 18.27

Is there any other reason why my devices aren't detected? I'm not sure where else to turn for direction. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Alexa setup help
Jtucker1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been resolved... apparently since I have been a longtime Verizon customer but just recently signed up for FIOS my account has two usernames.  The newest one and the one I should have been using, I was not aware of. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jtucker1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the reply,  but as I stated I followed all those directions already,  but Alexa still cannot find my fios devices. One thing I am wondering about is the fact that I have a netgear nighthawk router in Wireless AP mode that extends the fios WiFi network throughout my house.  Could this be the issue? The netgear is hardwired to the fios router, and all the Alexa devices are connected to the netgear. I have confirmed all devices are on my internal 192.168.1.xxx subnet. I can't see this being the issue,  but it is the only non standard thing in my setup. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Did you try disabling the Quantum WiFi? Then try searching the network for Alexa to connect.

access point mode would place the Netgear in control. The only thing the Quantum is doing is getting DHCP nothing else. And as I told another forum user you don’t want both WiFi on. The Netgear is superior so turn off the Quantum and then search for the Netgear routers SSID and have Alexa connect to that.

0 Likes
Jtucker1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes,  WiFi is disabled on the fios router..STBs  and DVRs are connected via coax, everything else is WiFi through the netgear. I think next I will try enabling WiFi on fios and removing the netgear. 

0 Likes
Jtucker1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another weird hiccup.  I downloaded the fios tv app to test that i could control the boxes and received an authentication error.  Says to contact Verizon support.  So I guess that is next. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any device that connects to STB has to be on the same subnet.

STBs are typically on the 192.16.1.0 subnet.

What ip does a device on wireless get?

0 Likes
Jtucker1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been resolved... apparently since I have been a longtime Verizon customer but just recently signed up for FIOS my account has two usernames.  The newest one and the one I should have been using, I was not aware of. 

0 Likes