"SMS Memory Full" on AC791L Jetpack
benr_

I bought a refurbished AC791L Jetpack from Amazon and a new Micro SIM from a Verizon store. I set up the Jetpack successfully on a new Verizon account and data-only plan. The Jetpack works as expected.

But on the main screen of the Jetpack I get the message "1 alert requires attention" (with no obvious way to find that "alert"), and on the main page of the web admin tool, I get the warning "1 Alert, SMS Memory Full, Please delete some messages to receive new ones."

It is seemingly NOT referring to the Jetpack's internal message system, as I have received, read and deleted Verizon service messages there.

I assume it is referring to SMS storage space on the Micro SIM, can anyone confirm?

The Jetpack continues to function as expected, but I would like to remove the alert, as it blocks the default screen display of data usage. Since the Jetpack is not a smartphone, I don't know how I can "delete" SIM data.

Any advice appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "SMS Memory Full" on AC791L Jetpack
JACSTE77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has there been any resolution to this issue.  We have over 100 of these devices.  I'm not sure if all of them are displaying this message at this point, but I know that some of them are.

Please advise.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Try restoring the defaults on the Jetpack to try and clear the memory.  There should be a button somewhere under the back panel that can accomplish this for you.  if not then there should be an option to reset to defaults somewhere from the control panel itself too.

0 Likes
benr_

Thanks, John,

I've tried a full factory reset, and no luck, unfortunately.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You can try giving Verizon a call to see if they have something saved for your line on their side.  The factory reset should clear all of the memory on the Jetpack so perhaps the Jetpack is getting confused from something else on their end.  If so ask them to both delete any saved messages and disable text messaging as a feature from your line.

0 Likes
henry118

I have the exact same issue have you found resolution yet? I can't get the unit to accept a new software version either

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

henry118, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your device. The SMS error message that you are receiving has been lifted up to the device manufacturer for investigation as we have received several reports of this in the past month. As the factory  restore and SIM card removal have not cleared that message, it was imperative that we take this to the next level. We will advise once we are provided a path around this messages. As to the software, what version does your device currently have? What happens when attempting to update?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jeff_kurtz

I have an AC791L exhibiting these same symptoms.  The firmware version is NTG9X35C_02.08.29.00 (the older version).  If I try to update, it I get a message that says "Software download was unsuccessful.".

So, any update on this issue (SMS Memory Full)?  Also, why is the firmware update failing?  Does Verizon need to push the update to my device?

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeff.kurtz, we truly understand the importance of making sure your Verizon Jetpack® 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot - AC791L is working properly. Please allow us to further investigate the details. Can you please let us know if you receive an error message when you attempt to open the text messages directly from the Jetpack http://vz.to/2EqYKOX? If so, please confirm if you attempted to log in to the admin page for your Jetpack to confirm if a text message is available to view on the website http://vz.to/2EspezL?

We also want to make sure that your Jetpack has the latest software available (02.08.59.00). Can you please let know if your Jetpack has any physical or water damage to the device?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jeff_kurtz

The display directly on the Jetpack shows this text on the initial screen:

1 alert requires attention

When I log in to the admin page, I see this message:

SMS Memory Full

Please delete some messages to receive new ones

I deleted all of the messages and then restarted the Jetpack but still get the same messages (directly on the Jetpack and on the admin page).  Regarding the firmware version, the firmware version is NTG9X35C_02.08.29.00 (the older version).  If I try to update, it I get a message that says "Software download was unsuccessful.".  Can Verizon push the latest firmware to my device?

The Jetpack does not any physical or water damage.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried resetting the device back to the factory defaults?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes