0 Likes
Re: Kin Twom screen problems/rebooting?
niko1

<Post with personal information deleted per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
ARThaxton

Today, my screen started getting fuzzy and blacking out whenever I slid it open. I too tried taking out the battery to reset. It was close to a dead battery so I figured that maybe once I connected it to the charger it would come back on...not so. Evidently, it isn't the battery, my phone is dead and I've lost ALL of my contacts. Even worse,  I'm not eligible for an upgrade for another 3 months.

0 Likes
Fritzbear

I feel sorry for you. We have 2 Kin two phones. Mine rebooted by itself three times and lost all of my contacts. Had to input them all (127 of them ) by hand again and again. This last time I decided to just reactivate my old Samsung phone and throw the kin against the wall It flys real good. I never had any problems with my samsong. You would think Verizon would want to make it right with people with this phone. The knew the problems and limitations of this phone when they offered it. I guess they did not want to get stuck with them. In Feb I will b going to a sew service and will do a lot of research on the next phone.

0 Likes
capchaos

I am also having the same problem.  My daughter did too a while ago and I attributed it to overuse but now the same thing has happened to mine. No back light.  This phone stinks!  If Verizon is going to lock you into a 2-year contract with no reasonable option to replace and or upgrade you phone before the contract is up then they should make make/carry phones that last 2 years. 

0 Likes
Dougherty71

I have the exact same problem. It started with the backlight not working. After that I would open to the keyboard and the screen would turn off. The screen would only work if the phone was closed and even then it was hard to see. The next day the screen turned off completely and now I cannot use my phone at all. i got the phone a year and one month ago and now i cannot get my contacts off if i decide to get a new phone.

0 Likes
summergirl9804
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is doing the exact same thing and we've had the phone over a year.  I need to know what my options are because our 2 year contract is not yet up and I need to have a phone.  The phone has never been dropped or wet and has been taken good care of.  It started with the screen going black unless you slid it open to the "perfect" point and now it won't even light up when it's in the "perfect" position.  This is obviously an ongoing problem with the phone and not the user of the phone and it needs to be addressed.

gapeacvh

I'm having the same problem and the customer assistant at my Verizon Store turned in it as a warranty repair.  Just sucks because I've lost all pictures.  I could never get the phone to upload my pix with the USB and emailing them to my email takes way too long.  I hate this phone.  The worst one ever!

0 Likes
lauren12345678
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem i was going home one day and my friend was messing around and hide my battery when she gave it back i put it in and turned it on and the screen was dull i just thought it ws dieing sence the battery was really low so i turned it off and waited till i got home. When i got home i put it on the charger and went outside when i came in and turned it on the screen was still dull i told my parents and they called verizon and they said they cant give me a new kin because they dont sell them anymore so my parents said they will just get me a different one intill my upgrade but i want this one because its a real good phone but then just last month i turned it on too see if it was still broken and the screen just stop working completly i can still hear it because my alarm keeps going off and when i open it the keypad still lights up but the screen is useless please help and if its the battery were can i get a new one?

0 Likes
ssculp

My Kin Twom has already been replaced once under warranty for a different video issue (The screen went white). It was replaced under warranty by another certified preowned kin twom phone. After 4 months, the screen starting doing the backlight fading, and of course now it is not under warranty. Now I have to wait to 2-13-2013 before upgrading. At first the backlight would work if I opened the slide, but didn't when closed. In order to make a call I had to have phone slide open. Now its totally faded. If I point the screen towards a light I can see the video but its very dark.

Has anybody actually taken the time to disassemble the kin twom to verify if it is a loose cable or bad solder? I have not done it yet but here is a good teardown of the kin twom. http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Microsoft-Kin-Two-Teardown/2902/1 If anybody has tried it or has upgraded to a newer phone already and is willing to try it on their older kin twom, please reply and let us know your results.

Update: 09-20-2012 7:27 PM

I decided to reactivate an older phone of mine. This will enable me to try the teardown to see if there is something loose. I will update later with results.

0 Likes