Touchscreen Issues Growing Across G2 Owner Community...
billyjk
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is a well-documented defect in the G2 software that surfaces as erratic touchscreen behavior.  I am active on XDA and Android Central forums trying to identify the cause of this issue and trying to get LG and VZW to address it with a software update.  I have also posted on social media attempting to get the attention this deserves.  In addition, I have created a "Voice of the Customer" defect report with LG.

I have provided links below for your reference rather than duplicate all of that text in this post.  Just these two threads alone currently have over 15,000 visits by G2 owners, many of which have already observed this defect.

Here is the XDA thread that I started that clearly describes the problem, complete with YouTube links and the latest on this G2 defect:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2521663

Here is the Android Central thread to which I contribute:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g2/317709-g2-touch-screen-issues.html

The G2 community is calling for LG and VZW to weigh-in on this issues.  A large number of G2's are being returned, which can't bode well for VZW or LG.

Re: Touchscreen Issues Growing Across G2 Owner Community...
billyjk
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the original post that needs to be referenced on this subject.

When you see this problem on your G2, be sure to get over to the XDA thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2521663

...and weigh-in.  You'll also learn about the latest status on this issue.

We need LG and VZW to address this software defect.

0 Likes
eatinghotsauce

i too have the same issues.  i will be following these threads in hopes of an eventual resolution for G2 owners

0 Likes
n3xusfan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm on my replacement g2 and worked great until after the latest update. Now I have the erratic screen issues and that's only when it is plugged into the charger. Freezes up and once I lock and unlock it works again. Does it again though. It does that doing anything with the device. Texting, play store, etc. Zooming acts wonky also in browser or gallery. From what I read on links you provided that most that had the issue didn't after update. Opposite for me

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi n3xusfan!

I regret to learn of these issues with your device. Let's try some troubleshooting and get to the bottom of this OK? Please put the device in safe mode and monitor it. This will tell us if an application is causing this to happen: http://vz.to/1mbZS8Y
Please also remove any task killer applications on the device (Menu/Settings/Application Manager/Downloaded)

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mtdiablo

My problem is that sometimes the touchscreen doesn't respond - in fairly critical situations, like if I get a call while another application is open, the mini- "answer, ignore" screen comes up, and I cannot hit answer. It doesn't respond. I have to quickly open the Phone, then hit answer and that will work.

If I go to google play store, the install button won't work. but it WILL work if I turn the phone to landscape.

Other applications - random things, but important, like in my banking app, if I try to deposit a check, the "continue" button will not work, no matter the orientation of the phone.

These things did not used to happen. I don't know if it's an app I loaded recently that is causing the problem? Recent apps loaded are Endomondo, Strava, Any.do, DejaOffice. Anyone else have this?

0 Likes
creator
Contributor - Level 2

Mine just started doing this in the last couple of days. Usually it starts acting up after a lot of use. Sometimes the screen won't be responsive, others it turns itself on and starts acting all sporadic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how critical your issues are mtdiablo. Lets figure this our together. Do you have any applications on your device that are having issues? Are you using a keyboard application on your device? When did the issues start to happen? Have you tried safe mode http://vz.to/JuZQfu ? Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Creator, we need to straighten out your phone's act! Is there anything in particular that you can do, and every time you experience the same issues? Have you installed any apps or updates recently?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
creator
Contributor - Level 2

Already have been sent a replacement.

On Feb 12, 2014 4:48 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes