Enough of this ***** from Verizon
lettucechief
Newbie

We've been following the thunderbolt since CES, and most of us even preordered it at Best buy.

 

your tweet even said its coming sooner than expected.

 

YET.. youve given 0 information on when it would be released, the data plan prices, or how much itll cost on contrct.

 

You really know how to treat your customers...

 

GIVE US A DATE ALREADY!!!!!

 

[Edited subject line to comply with Terms of Service]

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Reply
70 Replies
crimedoggies
Specialist - Level 1

lettucechief wrote:

We've been following the thunderbolt since CES, and most of us even preordered it at Best buy.

 

your tweet even said its coming sooner than expected.

 

YET.. youve given 0 information on when it would be released, the data plan prices, or how much itll cost on contrct.

 

You really know how to treat your customers...

 

GIVE US A DATE ALREADY!!!!!


This is business as usual for Verizon.  They are ALWAYS tight lipped about product launches.  Verizon has clearly gone on record stating they feel that giving launch date information too far in advance puts them at a competitive disadvantage so they refuse to do so.  I too am waiting for the Thunderbolt, as I live in a 4G market and can't wait to get my hands on one. I have hear rumors that upon launch the mobile hotspot feature will be offered at no charge for a limited time, but then again I was under the impression it would be launched today with the Xoom.  Of course the $599 2 year price for the Xoom is a pleasant surprise, I was expecting $799 retail only pricing.   Maybe I'll just get one of those to play with until the Thunderbolt is ready.

 

[Edited subject line to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
Reply
ravenoushunger

If they haven't given a release date so close to when the rumared ones are, its probably not coming out for a while. I've never heard of aything having its release date announced a week beforehand. Are they trying to lose customers because I'm about to just forget about this phone and go for something else.

0 Likes
Reply
lettucechief
Newbie

well said.

 

i am about to go to another carrier at the end of the month. i cancelled my contract at bestbuy when i preordered the Tbolt. it ended yesterday, the 25th. so im out of a phone until the 28th, and if im not getting the thunderbolt right then i might get a my touch 4G

0 Likes
Reply
dirkbonn
Specialist - Level 1

Doesn't anyone have any patience anymore.

 

Mom always told me "Good things come to those who wait."

 

Also, if you have to wait a little before you get what you want, you'll appreciate it more.

0 Likes
Reply
Not applicable

dirkbonn wrote:

Doesn't anyone have any patience anymore.

 

Mom always told me "Good things come to those who wait."

 

Also, if you have to wait a little before you get what you want, you'll appreciate it more.


I agree. I have no idea why the delay, but I suspect it's due to some unresolved technical problems. Perhaps it's related to the problems they are having with the 4G network.
0 Likes
Reply
CharmingPhlsphr
Specialist - Level 1

jimfitzgerald wrote:

dirkbonn wrote:

Doesn't anyone have any patience anymore.

 

Mom always told me "Good things come to those who wait."

 

Also, if you have to wait a little before you get what you want, you'll appreciate it more.


I agree. I have no idea why the delay, but I suspect it's due to some unresolved technical problems. Perhaps it's related to the problems they are having with the 4G network.
Be careful with speculation. Do it enough and it will create a sort of dissention about that which is being speculated. While it could be due to technical issues, it could be because they want to build hype through influential advertisements or expand the stock so the issues with with Incredible and Droid X do not occur again. Just as much, it could be delayed because they haven't given Sloth his Baby Ruth yet. The point is that you will not know unless it comes from the camel's mouth. I read it before on this thread and it is very accurate: if you are traveling through a desert for several days, with little to no water, and find your way to an oasis, it will be the absolute best water you have ever had, because you have had such a strong thirst building for days. This imagery is relevant to all things. Waiting builds the enjoyment of the experience itself, while waiting itself...well...sucks.
0 Likes
Reply
Not applicable
I can speculate all I want. And if Verizon is delaying the introduction for their own marketing purposes, that is their perogative.
0 Likes
Reply
CharmingPhlsphr
Specialist - Level 1

 


jimfitzgerald wrote:
I can speculate all I want. And if Verizon is delaying the introduction for their own marketing purposes, that is their perogative.

Respectfully, then, you have contributed nothing to this.

 

0 Likes
Reply
MKF
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure why people complain. As long as your current device gets the job done then sush and be patient.  VZW will release the devices or give info on them when they want too. No amount of threats of jumping to another carrier will make that change. But I do share other peoples curoristy for the what the devices will be like.

0 Likes
Reply
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

MKF: "... VZW will release the devices or give info on them when they want too. No amount of threats of jumping to another carrier will make that change."

 

 

Au contre mon frere!     Threatening to jump, actually jumping, and encouraging everyone to join you in the jump...

 

Is Exactly what causes Verizon to do right by their customers.

0 Likes
Reply
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Point is you're not going to get enough churn to actually hit Verizon's wallet just from them not releasing a phone that they never officially announced a release date before.  If it weren't for all the blogs trying to be the first one to figure out the date, everyone would have been content with the "as soon as march" announcement at CES.

0 Likes
Reply
Not applicable

CharmingPhlsphr wrote:

 


jimfitzgerald wrote:
I can speculate all I want. And if Verizon is delaying the introduction for their own marketing purposes, that is their perogative.

Respectfully, then, you have contributed nothing to this.

 


And what have you contributed? {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
Reply
dirkbonn
Specialist - Level 1

You guys make me think of something my mother used to say in a situation like this.......

 

"Boys, now play nice with each other."

 

"Isn't fun the best thing to have?"  Quote from Arthur from the movie by the same name.

0 Likes
Reply
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

wow, the thunderbolt is making people act almost as bad as THE iPhone.  I'm starting to lose faith in humanity.

0 Likes
Reply
timmy415
Newbie

yea if they are having problems, then why is it that other compainies can take care of business and Verizon can't

0 Likes
Reply
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

...don't feed the trolls.  That is all.

0 Likes
Reply
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

It cuts both ways Enyalius.  I've found as many shills for "Verizon can do no wrong"  as trolls here.  

 

Any post that doesn't openly identify itself as a Verizon employee is suspect.   You just have to judge for yourself the merits of any argument  - against the facts, and your personal experiences.

0 Likes
Reply
dirkbonn
Specialist - Level 1

By the same token, how do you know that any poster that is bashing Verizon and advocating switching carriers is not a Sprint or AT&T employee......

 

As you say, "It cuts both ways"...  Any poster who badmouths Verizon is suspect.....

 

"Isn't fun the best thing to have?"   Quote by Arthur, from the movie by the same name.

0 Likes
Reply
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry, Neander, I'm just tired of the same old crap.  People come here to vent about "4G isn't available in my area, despite how important I/my area is and how much money they are undoubtedly losing", "The phone that Verizon never promised still isn't out yet" and "My bleeding edge technology doesn't work perfectly yet".  I'm just kind of tired of those same, pointless posts; all they do is attract more like-minded "discussion" and serve no real purpose (in my opinion).  If you're really fed up with VZW for whatever reason, go to AT&T&T or Sprint (your contract will probably outlive the company at this point) or go "find" some hubcaps, climb some trees and make your own network!

 

Verizon isn't perfect, and certainly it isn't cheap, but I feel like they are doing a decent job as a company right now.  Maybe I should just take a break from the forums if my viewpoints are so far off from the mainstream here, though...

0 Likes
Reply
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

Don't Go.   You're a great contributer.   I just hang out for the stimulation myself.   (I guess I am a Troll.)   Don't take it too seriously.     Some of these guys act like the questioners have them strapped down in an interrogation room with electrodes attached to their **bleep** ..."parts".

 

You don't have to answer the questions.   When they're ignored they just quietly drift over the horizon, and are only resurrected when someone is smart enough to SEARCH for a previously covered topic.

 

As for Dirkborn's point: Sure the competition can contribute, but the competition has forums as well, and anyone can be blown away with facts.     For example: I have a hard time sympathizing with someone,   say from...Richmond.  who didn't bother to check the coverage maps before committing to a service.

 

Verizon ain't perfect and can always benefit from constructive **bleep** .. whining.  That's why this forum is here; to keep the whining "in house" and under relative control.   Otherwise some smart-**bleep** would put up a www.verizonsucks.com website.

0 Likes
Reply