Android 4.4.2 update
erih

Udpated the android 4.4.2 on Sunday and sms pictures won't download or take hours. How do I fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 4.4.2 update
Strumph
Enthusiast - Level 3

You aren't alone. Based on what I see on the Motorola boards everybody is having the same issue and it's affecting the Razr M's also since the patch to 4.4.2.

If you get a MMS text you should just have to turn off WiFi, let it download the picture and then you can turn the WiFi back on.

Hopefully Motorola/Verizon will get this fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you tried running, say like a power cycle, clearing the system cache, try these suggestions and if the issue persist you may have to Factory Reset the phone..

0 Likes
ChrysJ619
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Droid RazrX and the same thing is happening after the new update.  The picture will download if I restart my phone but otherwise I just show there is a text message that is downloading and can't see it.

katelynp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue, and am also having this issue when trying to receive group texts. I've tried a factory reset. Does anyone have any fixes?

Thanks!

0 Likes
cmkelso176
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here, and this is getting annoying with all the new bugs! Making me dislike my driod very much!

0 Likes
DrSax
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. Android latest 4.4.2 software upgrade (Jelly Bean?), Droid Razr Maxx HD (top of the line phone when bought a year+ ago). Receiving a text message with a photo, I see "Downloading" for an hour or so before receiving the message. If I turn of Wi-Fi and reboot the phone, the message comes immediately. I want to leave Wi-Fi on and not have to reboot my phone to receive message, but there seems to be no way to configure text messaging to NOT use Wi-Fi, which seems to be the way to make it work. But using data-intensive apps over a non-wi-fi connection is also not smart, as it eats up too much data too quickly.

This issue should NOT be happening AT ALL. Verizon, please respond with a software update to fix this issue. It is making your phones unusable, and I am seriously considering switching providers. The amount of money we are paying for service is too high to be experiencing this type of issue. I can get comparable data plans elsewhere at half the cost.

Thank you kindly for your attention to this matter.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sure this is annoying for you all. I love being able to send MMS so I can just imagine how you feel. To clarify, are you using Razr Maxx or Razr Maxx HD? Is WiFi enabled or disabled?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DrSax
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using a Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx HD. WiFi enabled. Android 4.4.2. Standard messaging application.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Strumph
Enthusiast - Level 3

You aren't alone. Based on what I see on the Motorola boards everybody is having the same issue and it's affecting the Razr M's also since the patch to 4.4.2.

If you get a MMS text you should just have to turn off WiFi, let it download the picture and then you can turn the WiFi back on.

Hopefully Motorola/Verizon will get this fixed.

0 Likes
DrSax
Enthusiast - Level 2

They better get it fixed or there will be dumpsters full of Motorola phones!

0 Likes