Android 6.0 for moto Droid 2 Turbo
Zerocool2010
Enthusiast - Level 1

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/motorola-droid-turbo-2-update/

No update in sight yet. Still says phone up to date. But there is this support page for Marshmallow. Confusion Verizon.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android 6.0 for moto Droid 2 Turbo
Tidbits
Legend

It's a staggered release it doesn't push or to all phones at once.

0 Likes
Zerocool2010
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know that but it has been hours and no update insight. Buy more bandwidth and servers to handle it. It is poor planning. I am not bashing just the truth. What is the deal?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Zerocool2010 wrote:

I know that but it has been hours and no update insight. Buy more bandwidth and servers to handle it. It is poor planning. I am not bashing just the truth. What is the deal?

It's not about bandwidth...  I bet you'd be peeved if the update bricked your phone correct? imagine it happened to 10,000 people real quick.  People wouldn't be too happy then.  That's a lot of replacements and tech support.  Even Google does a staggered release.

From the Editor's Desk: Zen and the art of the staggered release | Android Central

0 Likes
AboutThatDroid
Enthusiast - Level 1

Even if you hook your phone up to a computer, download the assistant from Verizon, it still says the phone is up to date. I want my Marshmallow.

UJZ100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am dealing with the same issue and have been checking since midnight on the 29th.

I called Verizon and they said IT CAN TAKE UP TO A MONTH TO REACH MY PHONE??!?

0 Likes
boomerang503
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been on the support chat and the phone with all levels of tech support, and all I can say is: They do not have a clue as to what is going on. For those of you who remember the OG Droid MAXX, Turbo and Ultra.....be prepared for history to repeat itself. It looks to be heading that way once again......

0 Likes
rbird2
Enthusiast - Level 3

The poor communication on this is what has everyone upset.

One Verizon Customer Service Rep states "the Droid Turbo 2 release has been put on hold for more testing." (The Verizon webpage still states Marshmallow was released on 3-1-2016) while another Customer Service Rep states it has been released and you must wait for the OTA since it staggered. Who is right?

Also, the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistance (SUA) or Manual Software Update are not working so are they broke or has Marshmallow been delayed? The Verizon webpage still states Marshmallow was released on 3-1-2016.

A little accurate information would help!

0 Likes