Android Pay : Turbo 2
PATW451
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to use android pay at a terminal, the app asks for a PIN number, there is no known PIN that will work, which makes android pay useless.

I was told that it is a Verizon firmware problem with the Turbo 2 and that is is a work in progress...

When will this be fixed ?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android Pay : Turbo 2
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a pin (like you need for the ATM) setup for the credit card you are using? That's the pin being asked for by the terminal.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PATW451
Enthusiast - Level 2

It isn't an ATM card, it's a VISA & AMER-EX, both ask for a PIN.  The AMER-EX use to work, now it's asking for a PIN.

There was never a PIN generated for either card that I have installed in the app, PINs are only needed for ATM cards.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wrong. I use Android Pay as well. All of my cards on the app and the others that aren't have a PIN assigned to them. This PIN is used at the ATM or to authorize a purchase. I have personally had to enter my PIN for my debit/check card when I used it with Android Pay for a number of stores. I have also used that same PIN for when I made a purchase at the grocery store where they accept payment directly from the debit card. I have also made a purchase at a restaurant where my business credit card had required me to enter that card's PIN number in order to authorize the transaction.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

PATW451
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response.

Ok,

Where did you setup your PIN number ? I must be missing it because I can't find any place to setup.a PIN number.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I recall one PIN was setup when I activated that credit card. For the other one, I had initially received a random PIN number from the bank and I called the phone number on the card to change it to a PIN number I could easily remember.

0 Likes
PATW451
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your input, I will give them a call.

0 Likes
SV_Gabriel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine also asks for a pin - but it's the pin for the phone, not your card pin.

Phone pin.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When it asks for a pin, is the request on the phone itself or the credit card terminal? When it is on the phone itself, then I would have used the phone pin. When the request for the pin is on the credit card terminal then it is the Credit card pin.

0 Likes
PATW451
Enthusiast - Level 2

Android Pay Asking for PIN Number Error : Solved

This applies for credit cards only; not ATM cards in my case.

I just wanted to put it out there how my problem got solved.

Ann was correct, in that you have to contact your credit card company for android pay to work properly.

If you do get a PIN number request from Android Pay, this signifies that the card wasn't initialized by your credit card company.

I just called the credit card company (Chase & Amer-exp) and asked them to authorize my card for Android Pay and they knew exactly what to do.  Once it was authorized under my account, the card terminals never asked for a PIN number again.

Thank you Ann for your suggestion.