Any luck with Moto power issue trouble shooting?
RACHEL1116
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone had the Verizon people tell you anything that actually works with the spontaneously turning off of the Moto phones? I'm desperate and I'm very unhappy that my only choice may be to give more money just to get another phone that is going to mess up. This is my third Moto Z Force I've had to get because of technical issues in less than 2 years. This phone is so expensive and it should work properly or be fixed for free if Motorola and Verizon have any integrity. They should not be selling us phones that are just riddled with issues that render them practically useless before they are even payed for and charging over $700 for them even.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Any luck with Moto power issue trouble shooting?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that you have a working device at all times. I would like to hear a little more about what you are experiencing. When did this start? You mentioned having a few replacements. What kinds of troubleshooting was done on the device? How often does the phone turn off?

Nichole_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RACHEL1116
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. I really appreciate your response. Within the first year I had my Moto Z Force it first starting cycling through opening over and over and over and wouldn't respond to anything except a hard power off. It also would get really hot. I took it in and got a replacement from Motorola because it was within the first year, then my second one just quit out of the blue and wouldn't turn back on. Both of these things happened when I had it plugged in and was laying in bed so it was nothing I did as far as I could tell. I got another replacement again because it was in the first year but when I had gone in to ask for troubleshooting the Verizon store didn't do anything and just was in the process if charging me my insurance deductible to get a new one before they realized it was still within the first year.  My current phone lasted the longest so far but it's still within the first two years. My mother's started to do the same thing after the last update and she went in and they offered no troubleshooting and were going to charge her for a new one but then realized her phone was in the first year and motorola gave her a new one. I absolutely love this phone when it works but it has so many fatal flaws it seems. Ive tried recalibrating the battery and resetting the phone but it's still unusable unless it's plugged in. I also tried going into safe mode to see if it was an app I downloaded but it died almost immediately then too. I will try going into Verizon tomorrow and see if they can offer me some troubleshooting but the last two times I went in and my mother went in, they went straight to charging for a replacement. This is the most money I've ever spent on a phone and it's been so much trouble. It's the most money I've spent on any electronic ever so it's quite upsetting .

Thanks for interest,

Rachel

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cost is always a concern to me too.  We’ll pull out all the stops and find the culprit behind it spontaneously turning off. Please confirm, does the device does have any cases or screen protectors on it? We want rule this out.

An additional step that often times proves to be successful is a periodic “Wipe Cache Partition”. Described below are the steps. It’s similar to clearing the cookies on a computer when it acts up. No media, messages, apps, or contacts are lost. It only clears the temporary files.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/112125/p/30,6720,9833

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes