AppFlash keeps crashing, despite being disabled
b1uebird
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have disabled the spyware which VzW installed on my phone even though I didn't want it.  But I keep getting a popup notifying me it has crashed, so it must still be lauching itself.  How do I uninstall this unwanted app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: AppFlash keeps crashing, despite being disabled
JGwiz
Contributor - Level 1

Ah, the Dirty Tricks of Big Red...

They baked this horrible app into the OS on the 7.1.1 update, so it cannot be removed.   Before disabling, be sure to clear the cache and app data.  That "may" help.

BTW, this piece of spyware from Verizon is also causing severe battery drain for what seems to be many users.

I wonder if Verizon will fix this problem by removing another piece of garbage that none of us asked for?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Managing apps is one of the most exciting things about Android, b1uebird. When an unwanted app is described as “spyware”, many users make extra efforts to remove the app rather than simply disable it. As an Android user myself, I am familiar with this error message you’re getting and will be glad to help. Have you had the chance to try the steps suggested by JGwiz? If so, what were the results? Those are exactly the steps I took and, since then, have not seen the AppFlash on my device unless I swiped left from my home screen. Please keep us posted on what happens.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rmcsherry19327
Enthusiast - Level 2

How about Verizon stops  pushing these useless apps to our devices or even better... Unlock the bootloader