Background Data Restricted
aes1783
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I am in the process of upgrading all my company phones to the Motorola Turbo. So far I have set up one and right before I was about to give it to the owner a notification came up in the "shade" with a red icon saying, "background data restricted". All I can do it touch or swipe the notification to have it removed. We previously had the Droid Razor Maxx and Maxx HD and had the same issues so I'm pretty bummed I'm not again getting this notification.

From what I can tell, there is no battery saver on the Turbo so that can't be a factor. I've also verified under settings, data that the "restrict background data" box is NOT checked. Any other suggestions as to how to prevent this from popping up and restricting background data?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Background Data Restricted
Snn5
Legend

There is an ALL setting and a per-app setting to disable BG data.  Perhaps a needed app is restricted solo.

0 Likes
aes1783
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assume you're referring to when you go into settings, data usage and then scroll through the list of apps on the bottom and click on each one individually and then at the bottom of that screen verify every one has the box for "restrict background data" unchecked? If so, I did this and verified every single one has the box unchecked.

Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I admit that this is highly irregular.  I cannot think of another reason that you would receive that message if all your apps are enabled.  The only other time I have ever seen this is if there was some notification or agreement that requires acceptance first, or if there was a SIM card error.

0 Likes