Backup all data and apps from my Droid Turbo phone to my WD external storage Drive
faforeman

Trying to protect all the apps that I installed to reinstall from factory resetting. Hopefully to clear up a issue with my phone running applications on its own.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Backup all data and apps from my Droid Turbo phone to my WD external storage Drive
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you got the apps from the play store under your google account, they will all be available once you log in with your same google account.  You can finds them under My Apps in the play store.  While you can reinstall the apk from the external drive, it's simpler to reinstall from the play store directly; you'll get the latest version.  It'll also give you a chance to clean house...I find a lot of extra apps I really don't use that take up space I can use for other things.

The only thing is to be sure you are on wifi when you do download all the apps again, unless you have no worries about your data use.

0 Likes
Re: Backup all data and apps from my Droid Turbo phone to my WD external storage Drive
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Are you looking for a backup similar to how the iPhone stores a complete image or just the data itself? What type of data? Pictures and such or application data?

0 Likes