Battery/Performance issue Moto Z Droid after 8.0 update
Buzzgirl06
Enthusiast - Level 2

From what I can tell several users are having the same problem with the 8.0 update on the Moto Z Droid as I am. My husband & I both have this phone & since the 8.0 update a couple of weeks ago the battery life is horrible!! I depend on my phone for work & family but I have to have it plugged up constantly at work because the battery drains so quickly. My husband barely uses his phone during the day and still the battery will be almost dead after 10 hours of little use. Also the performance has changed. Apps are freezing up and shutting down almost all of the time and my reception for phone calls has been horrible when before the update it was fine. I have done all of the troubleshooting tips and nothing has helped. I'm almost done with this phone, will upgrade to something else soon! Any other tips/recommendations on if Verizon or Motorola will help with this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery/Performance issue Moto Z Droid after 8.0 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Buzzgirl06, software updates should improve your phones. I'm sorry to hear that this wasn't the case for you with your phones. Let's work together on the best options for you. To clarify, you said that you did all the troubleshooting tips, what steps did you do? Where did you get these from or who did you do these with? How do you typically charge your phone? What zip code are you having signal issues at?

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
row8221park
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having severe issues with my Moto Z Droid since the update on 27JUL18 at 6:41 a.m.

The battery drains so fast I can't keep up with it. I have to charge it in the morning on my way to work. As soon as I get home (8 hours later) and before I go to bed (one more time). It begins to shut down at around 40% and below. I'll go to pick up the call and the phone shuts down. Totally. I have to plug it in, let it charge some more and turn it back on to try and return the call before it shuts down again.

I have been to the Verizon store. I still owe $211 on this phone so I can't upgrade unless I pay it off. My first Droid was wonderful. I had no issues. Since end of July, I'm ready to throw this one out the window.

Why should I have to pay my phone off because of your upgrade?

I will rethink Motorola and Verizon if something isn't fixed. I've done everything I've read to do to fix this issue.

Now what?????

Chandler44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went to verizon and they said well batteries arent meant to last ..... Buy this new phone they said moments later after giving me no answers as to why my battery was useless after the oreo update.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the details, row8221park. We certainly wouldn't want you to leave the Verizon Wireless family. I know how important it is to have a reliable battery. I know you are not ready to upgrade just yet, don't worry we can definitely perform some troubleshooting and review alternative solutions. Tell me more about what you use your phone for on a daily basis. Do you stream audio or video? Use GPS daily? Can you please perform a device health check and share the results? Here is a link for assistance: http://spr.ly/6586D7uyQ . We look forward to hearing from you.

Marshall_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes