Bluetooth Issues Since Update
like2angle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the November update my Bluetooth no longer works properly.

I can no longer use Bluetooth and hear turn by turn directions.

I had to rename some contacts for the voice recognition to work.

The connection quality is intermittently poor, transferring the call back to the phone fixes the problem, well

its illegal to talk on the phone without built in Bluetooth here in California so I guess its not fixed.

Is someone out there at Verizon/Motorola/Google listening?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth Issues Since Update
like2angle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am now working again!

1. I deleted all the Bluetooth connections from the phone, there was an extra media connection there I couldn't figure out how

it got there but related to the Ford Sync.

2. I deleted all phones from the Ford Sync.

3. Re-synced the phone and allowed the security questions on the phone book  and texts and it seems to be working quite

well. I will keep and eye on it and report back should I have any further issues.

It arrears in my case that the Ford Sync system does like the OS upgrades. So I will repeat this procedure after each upgrade. Only a minor inconvenience.

Thanks for all your help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to help out today like2angle. Do you mind sharing what you're pairing your device to? Are you pairing your device to a bluetooth headset or your automobiles stereo? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
like2angle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an 11 Ford Fusion with Sync. I  paired my wife's RAZR HD to the Sync and it works with no issues.

I would appreciate any help, Thanks.

0 Likes
Muddogjones

Since I have no idea if Verizon land will be able to help --- This happened with my mom's 2011 Fiesta and her Razr M actually just now since the same update. She was getting radio silence. We did a soft reset on the M (Hold Power and Vol down) and deleted her phone out and reset it back into her car - the problem seems to have been solved.... for now. Though my phone is wrecked since the update.... different story, but either way. Good luck with getting SYNC to work!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

like2angle  We understand how important it is to be able sync your device with your car. Here are a couple of  steps to try. First, remove or disable any third party task or battery  manager applications, then retest. Next, if that does not help, place the device in safe mode and test. Press and hold the Power button until the options menu appears then release. Select and hold Power off until the "Reboot to safe mode" prompt appears (approximately 1 second) then release. From the "Reboot to safe mode" prompt, select OK to confirm.Allow several minutes for the device to power off and restart into Safe Mode.Upon reboot, "Safe Mode" appears in the lower-left of the unlock screen. If that does not resolve the prblem the you would want to try a master reset. Let us know if that helps.

0 Likes
like2angle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the Kitkat update before I could test and of your suggestions. Now I have to manually turn the Bluetooth on and off on the phone to connect :-(.  I will try safe mode and report back.

Steve

0 Likes
like2angle
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am now working again!

1. I deleted all the Bluetooth connections from the phone, there was an extra media connection there I couldn't figure out how

it got there but related to the Ford Sync.

2. I deleted all phones from the Ford Sync.

3. Re-synced the phone and allowed the security questions on the phone book  and texts and it seems to be working quite

well. I will keep and eye on it and report back should I have any further issues.

It arrears in my case that the Ford Sync system does like the OS upgrades. So I will repeat this procedure after each upgrade. Only a minor inconvenience.

Thanks for all your help!

0 Likes