Camera Not Working
TamJChan6

The camera on my droid will only work in selfie mode.  The video is the same.  I also use the camera for other apps and it is not working properly in those either.  I receive following error when trying to use the camera app within other apps:  RESULT_ERROR_STARTING_CAMERA

Phone recently updated and apps are set to automatically update, so not sure when/what caused the issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but dont have that option with the camera, and cleared my cache to no avail.  The current camera version is 5.1.23.

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Camera Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TamJChan6, we want to ensure you can access your rear-facing camera without issue. We just need a few more details to properly assist. What's the make and model of your Android device. Also, what the software version (under Settings>About Phone)?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TamJChan6

Hello,

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo and the droid version is 6.0.1.

Thanks!

On Mar 23, 2017 10:11 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TamJChan6,

We appreciate the response and additional details. Do you receive the same results with the Camera application itself? Let's try placing the device in Safe Mode and see if you receive the same results with the camera. See how to enable Safe Mode here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118294/.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MilesProwler

Hello,

I have been having the same issue. I started my phone in safe mode but the camera still only allows to take front facing pictures. There isn't even an icon that is usually present on other phones to switch to rear facing mode. It seems like the phone just doesn't recognize that the rear camera isn't there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry you're having this issue with your camera, MilesProwler. I'm eager to get this fixed. First, I have a few questions.

Do you also have the Droid Turbo? When did this start happening? Can you please tell me what software version you have? Please elaborate so we can better assist you.

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
MilesProwler

I have a Droid MAXX with version 4.4.4. I bought the phone used and it had

been like this ever since I got it.

-Benjamin

On Jun 21, 2017 8:50 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MilesProwler -

It can certainly limit your fun on the device if your camera isn't fully functioning. This is an experience I'd like to turn around and help resolve once and for all.

Based on the issue occuring after an update, it does sound like there could be a compatibility issue. Have you checked to see if a security patch has been released? Settings>System Updates. What other steps have you tried? We definitely want to continue to work through this until your camera function is fully restored.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Christophergunder

Ok.   This is dang super fishy.   My wife’s Samsing camera failed in the exact same way.   Never dropped the phone.   Now my apple phone camera is failing.  Two weeks later.    And now we see people on the forums with the same issue.    This smells a lot like a dirty trick to upgrade phones.   

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes