Can I get my Droid Turbo configured without bloatware?
TwoThumbs

My new Droid turbo is a lot different than my old Droid 2 Global. My, how times have changed. Droid used to mean a reasonable operating system and straightforward apps. My new phone is far removed from that, but the platform is not to blame.

Platform abuse is the best way to describe the VERIZON Droid Turbo. If you are OK with a bunch of unwanted Apps eating resources on YOUR PHONE and YOUR ELECTRIC BILL, interfering with what you want to do, and rendering the phone package YOU PAID FOR essentially UNUSABLE unless you accept needless trash in your way, all the time, then the DROID Turbo is the phone for you.

It is not the phone for me. I want nothing to do with a company who goes out of its way make me do things that I might choose not to do. I want a phone. I DO NOT WANT a platform that wants to extract money out of everything I use it for, BEYOND WHAT I HAVE AGREED TO PAY FOR IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. I used to think that a contract was a mutually beneficial arrangement, not one which forces unexpected garbage on one party at its own expense.

Fine. Go for it. Abuse your customers to the max.

See where it gets you in the long term.

In the short term,it isn't going to be me. The consumer end of this is nothing less than disgusting. By myself I cannot influence Verizon; I can however, complain to every regulatory agency I can find. I personally detest government regulation, yet I have never encountered a company in a regulatory environment, with arrogance such as yours, which slaps their customers in the face (and I suppose) says :so sue me,"

When the federal (and political) mass lands upon you, sympathy will be more than elusive.

For the record, let me stare that I am describing a personal experience, and a real Verizon customer. This post is a result of my experience as a long time Verizon customer, which has left me completely disgusted/.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I get my Droid Turbo configured without bloatware?
Snn5
Legend

I agree 100%. Disabling bloat isn't the same as removing it. And, there are a lot of apps, services, and processes used that you don't see as well.  Always try to uninstall what you can, disable the rest if possible, clean the cache of each disabled app and disable any verizon app or com.vzw process or you find. Some folks are concerned about updates, but since these are far and few between, once you hear of an OS update, just set your disabled apps back to default beforehand. There is a lot of spybloat as well.  By doing this you can free up about a quarter gig of RAM as well.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why don't you just disable the applications you don't want?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I agree with the above all Androids seem to have some kind of it, you can't totally remove it but you can kind of control it b33

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I agree 100%. Disabling bloat isn't the same as removing it. And, there are a lot of apps, services, and processes used that you don't see as well.  Always try to uninstall what you can, disable the rest if possible, clean the cache of each disabled app and disable any verizon app or com.vzw process or you find. Some folks are concerned about updates, but since these are far and few between, once you hear of an OS update, just set your disabled apps back to default beforehand. There is a lot of spybloat as well.  By doing this you can free up about a quarter gig of RAM as well.