Can I reset my lock screen code without getting in to my device?
Alyssadawn87

Someone else changed my lock screen pass code how do I reset it so I can get in to my email?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I reset my lock screen code without getting in the phone
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Depends on how you have your phone set up, most of the time, if you enter the wrong passcode too many times, it will factory reset, in which case you would have to go through the whole setup again (be sure you have your Google login information).  If you have disabled that option, it may ask for your Google password to unlock the device, though you may need to factory reset because you need the current passcode in order to change it.  The other option would be to power the phone down, then power back up while holding vol down and reset the phone from the bootloader.  Again, you'll need your Google login info to begin the setup.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Alyssadawn87

Motorola z play

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Depends on how you have your phone set up, most of the time, if you enter the wrong passcode too many times, it will factory reset, in which case you would have to go through the whole setup again (be sure you have your Google login information).  If you have disabled that option, it may ask for your Google password to unlock the device, though you may need to factory reset because you need the current passcode in order to change it.  The other option would be to power the phone down, then power back up while holding vol down and reset the phone from the bootloader.  Again, you'll need your Google login info to begin the setup.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

ask them what they changed it to.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alyssadawn87, I know I would be just as concerned with being locked out of my phone as well. We rely on them for so much nowadays, so let's ensure we do all we can to help you restore the access you need.

The community offered many great tips with regards to this. Were you able to access your phone since you last messaged in? Please keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes