Can only connect to 4g
JASLLEAV

Hello there,

I live in an area with very spotty reception. I am not sure what I did or how I did it but my phone will ONLY connect to 4g. If there is no 4g service then I have no service period. I can be sitting next to my family and I have no service and they will have 2 or 3 bars of 3g or even sometimes 1x. We have travelled to areas of 3g service and I will lose service completely. Basically it is like my phone it set to LTE only. This also means that I cannot make a phone call with the HD calling setting turned off. My phone is not connecting to any of the alternative voice services, just 4g. I have removed my sim and had no success. Thank you for any info

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can only connect to 4g
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JASLLEAV

Hi there,

I apologise I should've mentioned that. We all have the Moto z2 play. 5 total, but mine is the oddball.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you compared the network settings from the other phones to your phone?

Have you verified the network mode setting as LTE/CDMA?

Have you tried using your SIM card in one of the other phones to see if you get the same issue? Or used a SIM card from another phone in your phone and replicate the issue?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes