Can't send messages right now. Too many unsent messages
girlonhope

My Droid Maxx keeps giving me this message "can't send message right now.  Too many unsent multimedia messages."  This happens if I'm on wifi and on 4G.  I've tried restarting the phone.  Is there a way to cancel these messages?  How do I fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send messages right now. Too many unsent messages
Bamabambujno75

Have you tried clearing  out all your messages,and then restore them to only delete them again??

0 Likes
Bamabambujno75

You said unsent, so do you have lots of drafts just lingering in your phone? Those are unsent messages right??

0 Likes
Bamabambujno75

Switch to default messaging , try that.

0 Likes
girlonhope

These are texts, so is there a draft folder? I thought that only happened with emails.

0 Likes
girlonhope

Thanks. I passed these onto my boyfriend who is having the problem. He said that putting it on airplane mode and then taking it off airplane mode allowed him to send them but he still gets the message.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can have drafts in the text message application. In the default messaging app (not Verizon Messages+ app), there will note in the saying draft in red in each conversation containing one when you view the conversation list for all the conversations.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
girlonhope

It doesn't show as a draft. It just says "sending".

Other suggestions?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The MMS messages needs 4G/3G network to send if you are not using the Verizon Messages+ application. It is possible the MMS messages are too large to send as well so they just keep attempting to send instead of failing. The other possibility is the intended recipient has your number blocked preventing it from being sent.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
girlonhope

Thanks. We were able to fix by returning to factory settings and then restoring.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes